Sunday, September 3, 2017

First check up

Thursday was the day of our first check up back at Children's. We had to head out early, and healing is hard work, so this pretty princess fell asleep. 

She's still sassy as ever, which we're grateful for. She wore her new super girl dress from laura, princess crown from Adleys party, her unicorn from Ellie, new books from uncle joe and aunt Sarah, and of course, lovey. 

We had quite a long wait, but I can prepared with my little cooler bag. Chocolate milk (instant breakfast), drinkable yogurts, gogurts, and juices. 

She was nervous, but ready. 

And then she got comfy. I LOVE this shot. What a trooper!

We were seen by a dentist and then we had a few minutes to wait for McDreamy. 

He was worried about her bite, and as we talked about it I remembered that I had a close up shot of her adorable 100% overbite. 

If that doesn't show that Heavenly Father loves us and has a hand in everything in our lives, then I don't know what does. I don't have close ups of any of the other kids teeth, and how coincidental that I'd have taken this just 2 months before we'd need it. So cool. After seeing the picture and working with her, wiggling her jaw back and forth, we decided she'd be ok to keep working with her and come back again in a few days. We were thiiiis close to having to put her under anesthesia for braces, so I was all about practicing her bite with her. 

I let her choose whatever milk shake she wanted and she chose a cookies and cream milkshake from chicfila, so we headed to get baby girl what she wanted. 

We stayed to play at the aina's for awhile. D had requested it because she had been so sad to not get to stay and play there with Frankie. She was happy to play for a bit. Megan had asked if franks could come play with Ros, so we dropped her off on our way home, and since Addie was at Lily's birthday party, Delaney was super sad that again she missed out on the friend time. Megan gave D this fun magnetic mosaic to help her feel better. Lucky lady. 

This stubborn bratty does not like smoothies, but she does like thin mint milkshakes. I used heavy cream and threw in some instant breakfast for extra vitamins because I wasn't up to fighting about food with her when there was so little she could eat.   

I don't remember what this is about, but it shows her chin and how gross it looked as the glue wore on. She had a pretty good gash. She landed on her chin without breaking her fall with her hands at all, which is how she broke her jaw on both sides. Cause why break a normal bone? Might as well go all out weird. 

That night during scripture study, Bubba showed up with a gift from his bosses. How sweet is that?!? They sent her a whole bag full of goodies including a bruesters gift card. People have just been so generous!

That night was the first time I actually looked at her helmet. It was bloody and broken. 

I just can't express enough how grateful I am that she was wearing this. Our girls have always been good about helmets, and after this, even I will be. I don't even want to think about what could have happened had she not had this on. 

I posted a little psa on our neighborhood fb page and got a ton of positive feedback, including several moms that shared my post with their helmet hating kiddos. I think we will save this helmet just in case. You never know when it might come in handy. 

And this wraps up our first outing post-crash and another day of recovery. 

No comments: