Monday, September 4, 2017

Church

We decided church would be a good first outing for Delaney. I talked to her teachers to let them know that no matter what she said, she couldn't, in fact, chew. Good thing I did, because danni brought muffins and let me know that d tried to convince her several times that she could just suck on them. Poor baby. 

I found out after the fact that D did fall while playing outside after church, but thankfully she shot up with a quick "I'm ok!" and she was. 

Best brother award goes to this one for helping them make slime after church. A friend gave D this "fun" book of crafts and Addie was chomping at the bit to try it out!

Also, still on our playdough game. 

I could stare at this girl all day. She's so precious. 

And looking SO much better. The new skin on her nose is red and kind of tender, but she looks like a kid again instead of a patient. I'm so grateful. 

We sat outside to enjoy our unseasonably cool weather that evening. I will be so happy when I can stop watching Delaney like a hawk and telling her to stop jumping, running, and climbing. Although idk, I think I've got a little ptsd and see every kid falling when they're being crazy. I know I need to get over it, but holy cow, I've imagined Delaney smacking her chin again a million times. 

One week of recovery down!

No comments: