Monday, September 2, 2013

labor day

i introduced these girls to pride and prejudice after church. loved it!
then we watched 42 to appease the boy.
it was a nice sunday. i'll be the first teacher in frankie's preschool co'op this thursday, so i broke out my school bin. then i waxed nostalgic for awhile and looked through my pictures and papers. this was taken at my very first event as a brand new kindergarten teacher at a night before school event. i had burned my forehead with the curling iron, go figure, and was so nervous! this little cutie brought me flowers and then put all these pictures in a cute little box frame for me.
my cute little kinders! it's hard to believe that they are 13 now! i wonder what they are up to and how they are doing. you spend every day for a whole year with your class and then... sometimes never see them again. seems sad to me.
and my cute little 3rd graders. not sure where the year in between these shots went... that's an addie baby belly!  i'm fb friends with some of these kiddos, that aren't really kiddos anymore. they are 14 now and starting high school!
also:
*i taught my lesson. i'm so thankful for a rs that participates so much and makes it easy to teach.
*we had missionaries for dinner. i made alfredo sauce and then my million calorie alfredo lasagna. it's one of my favorites, but it is soooo fattening (cream cheese, heavy cream, swiss, mozzerella, parmesean x 2) and a lot of work. i also made texas sheet cake, bread in my bread maker, and garlic bread. grandpa helped with the salads. making and cleaning up a huge dinner doesn't make sunday feel much like a day of rest. i guess it won't be till i have a few less kids at home and they're a little older.
*matt finished homework. 3 weeks down. yaaaaaaaaaaay!

today is labor day. christian is lifeguarding all day and praying for rain. lexi is working too. g,m, and i are getting ready to take the littles to see planes. tomorrow i will try to get back to eating healthy, so i must eat as many calories as possible today. buttered popcorn, here i come!

No comments: