Monday, July 13, 2009

Home tour, anyone?

Our house still need a lot of work and a lot more "stuff" but I've had lots of requests to see our house. And I got to thinking that progress photos are kinda fun. So here is the progress we've made so far. We finally got shutters for our windows. Plantation shutters up front and plantation blinds in the back.

The family room looks so bare in these shots! I'm looking for just the right fabric to make curtains and then we'll make pillows that match the curtains. You know you love those wires coming out of the tv, huh?! Like I said, work in progress. :)

The attached tiny dining room, which is also attached to the kitchen.

My favorite. My kitchen. :)

Another view...
oh and I love having a pantry! First one I've ever had!

The formal living room. The lighting on most of these pics is terrible! Sorry! This room is such an odd shape, I've moved all the furniture at least 5 times. I even had a neighbor come over to help! It's just weird.

I never thought I'd like a formal living room, but I actually kinda like ours.
It's quiet and peaceful.

View from the front door. I still need to hang pictures here too.
Sigh. So much to do.


So here's a funny for ya. We worked feverishly to get all the walls painted before our blinds got installed. Anyways, in the formal dining room I only wanted the bottom part painted. Well, Christian didn't get the memo. So he comes in for his turn to paint and slops this lovely mess on the top. I about passed out! But now I think it's kinda funny. I still need to fix it though.

Formal dining room.
All of our rooms look so bare! Maybe this will be my motivation. :)

View out the front door.

And down the street.

And down the other way. Look at all that wide open space, just ready to be built upon.
And good old Tallulah-Belle. She's our Camry. She was born in Washington and has moved with us all over the country. 3 times. She's a good girl.

Back of the house.
That huge window over the sliding glass door is our Master bathroom. And it was bare for over a month! It was not fun trying to shower in there!


Our boring back yard. The garden is our neighbors. Notice everyone else's fun play things. We really need to get on the ball! And we will.
Behind the wooded area is where the old farm house is. They owned all the land in our development and sold it for something like $8 million. That's where the fireflies hang out.

Going down to the basement.

The basement/gym/playroom. You know you love the red rug and brown striped couch! We keep the rug down here so I can work out with my shoes on and in case Addie spills.


That's all for now. We love it. It's roomy enough for all of us (and maybe a couple more) and so homey. Now it's time for some progress. :)

5 comments:

carlen said...

darling house, michelle! with so much character, too! i, too, love plantation shutters . . . i want some someday! glad you saw the humor in Christian's "helpfulness!" and i LOVED seeing your "friends & family gather here sign up! as you get settled, you need to decide what other sign you want for my "service for 5" gift to you!!!

Sara said...

Carlen, so glad you reminded me of the gift! I need to make Michelle one as well...

Michelle... what about upstairs??

Dyer Family said...

Love it!!! Want to come do mine now:)?

Joy :) said...

I love, love, love it. I really love the paint job (color) in the formal dining room, well especially Christian's part.

~Lori said...

I love your house Michelle. So cute!! I couldn't load our blog last time I tried, so now catch up. :)