Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Addie-cakes!

In the spirit of better-late-than-never, here are the long anticipated pictures from Addie's birthday. This year we chose to celebrate her birthday a day late so that Lexi could have the day to herself. I'm not sure how we'll do it in years to come, but for this year it worked.

And since we were still so new to town, we celebrated with just our little family. :)

So here she is opening her presents. She loves being the center of attention and loved being able to tear all that pretty paper!

"Oh man, harder than it looks!"


"No, for real, why is this so difficult!?"

"Awwww yea, now we're talking!"
Addie got her first potty!


And then decided she wanted to sit there and open the rest of her presents!
I'm not complaining, I let her sit on her potty as MUCH as she wants!

New crayons that went directly to her mouth.

The loot!

Both my mom and friend Kirsten sent cute music cards (and they both played "Girls just wanna have fun" - great minds think alike!) and Addie absolutely loved them! We had them in our play basket and she'd open them and dance! They just ran out of batteries last week. :( I think I might buy her a new one. :)

I got this idea for cake pictures off of her blog, she's got lots of great ideas!
So here was my variation...
First, singing happy birthday.
She liked that enough.

But then...
"You want me to do what???"

"Ummm, like this? I'm not sure if I like this..."

"Well, it tastes pretty good..."

"But I really don't like the way this feels!"

(One of my favorites!)
"It is pretty yummy!"


"Oh okay, your gonna clap for me, well I like that."

"Ohhh, my hands are all messy!"

"Icky!"

"I think I'm done!"

"No really, I don't want anymore, I'm done."

So that was the end of that. But I just didn't feel like I got the picture I really wanted. I just had such ideas in my head and I wasn't satisfied. Sooo, like all good mothers, I forced my daughter to try again. :)

First taste...

"Seriously, I have to do this again?!"

"It's kind of squishy fun..."


"Okay, let's get this away from me..."

"Well maybe that cherry is pretty cool..."


"K, all done!"

Then I took a couple shots that I almost didn't take, and they turned out to be some of my favorites!

Like this one...

And this cute one!


"Oh man, enough is enough! Please make me clean again!"

"I'm outta here!"

And the only slightly dented cake.

And it looks like we might have a little neat freak on our hands! Lately if anything drops in her high chair she will not eat until she has retrieved it!

And even though her birthday pics didn't go exactly as I planned (do they ever?!), I thought we got some cute ones.
And we'll try again next year.
Or with the next baby.

Who hopefully won't be as particularly particular as our little Addie-cakes.

4 comments:

Dyer Family said...

Uhhh, are you announcing something here?!?!?! Love the dialogue from addies, makes me laugh everytime:)

matt and michelle ray said...

No, no announcement! Not yet at least! :)

Carrie said...

Oh I think they are great! I'm so glad I could give you an idea for your own little photo shoot. She is so super cute!

Joy :) said...

So, so cute! She looks so big!