Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Celebrating life!!!

This morning I got the sad news that my last living grandparent, my Grandma Clayton had passed away last night. My cousin had called and left a message the night before. So there I stood at 7:00 o'clock in the morning, in my kitchen, in full-on jogging attire, and unable to call anyone! Torture for me! I debated for a few minutes and then proceeded to text a few of my select siblings. "Call me when you wake up! It's important." That doesn't sound too ominous, does it? And then I just bit the bullet and called my mom. Of course she didn't answer either.

Of course no one called right away. I went for my jog and thought about Grandma. How she was finally able to be reunited with my grandpa who passed away in 1985, I think 24 years is long enough, don't you?! And I started thinking, how do you mourn a 94 year old woman that lived such a full life?! You don't I say. You celebrate it!

So here's to celebrating life. To loving and serving and being patient and laid back. To traveling and staying active. To going to the gym in your 90's. Just like Grandma.

Love you Grandma!

4 comments:

amy said...

and to selling avon, bowling in a league, and visiting 'old' people into your 90s.

i love my grandma too!

~Lori said...

So sorry about your Grandma, Michelle!! Sounds like she lived a long FULL life!

Anonymous said...

sorry about your grandma! I will always remember when you said you liked her cool kicks and she knew that you were talking about her shoes!! What an awesome woman!!!

Joy :) said...

What a nice way to put it Michelle! It's still hard to have to say good-bye to people we love.