Thursday, April 30, 2009

The next chapter...

****I feel the need to put a disclaimer on this, and the rest of our road trip blogs.****
It's probably not the most exciting reading.
That's okay with me, but I do want to document the trip.
I am not a scrapper. As much as I would like to be, and try to be, I'm just not. But blogging is a way to scrapbook, with pictures, things that we do everyday. Things that I really want to remember. And it's a great family history. There are so many things that I've thought,

"Man, I wish I had had the blog back then and would have blogged about that so I could remember it better!"

Some people (Amy!) have asked why I need a blog, facebook, and myspace* -
*which I use only to check Kirstens cute pictures!*

It's not that I think I'm so important, or so interesting, it's just a way to document important events for our family.
Okay, now that's been taken care of I can go on. :)

Leaving Fallbrook, California - April 6

There's not a lot to see between Fallbrook, California and El Paso, Texas, so we decided to power through to EP.
The one cool thing we did want to see was
Tombstone, Arizona.

Unfortunatly however, we didn't realize how far it was, and by the time we got there everything was closed. :(
It was still cool to walk around and now we have something cool to do next time!






We rolled up into El Paso around 1:30 am, poor planning on our parts and we lost an hour switching time zones.

We had a fun visit with my mom and my brother Joe's fam, Sara, Taylor, and baby Joseph.
Of course we took a million cute baby pictures! I totally want to upload all of them, but I'll spare ya.

Addie was in a really weird mood when we went to his house. She kinda seemed like she didn't feel good... or I don't know, but for a good long time she just sat on the floor clinging to a toy. And even when Joseph came up to her to play, she just sat there. Normally if a baby tries to take a toy from her she'll fight back, but not this time. He even (in his innocent investigating way) knocked her over and she still didn't crawl to get away from him!
(notice the red mark under her right eye, it turned into a bruise!)





Addie says "Revenge is sweet!"
More of this epic drama to come...

1 comment:

Camille said...

I'm not sure if you've heard of www.blurb.com, but you can upload your blog stuff and create a scrapbook of the things you've already documented. I'm not one to sit down and make scrapbooking pages so I love this option!