Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hooray for pictures!

We decided to check out of our military apartment for the weekend. Mostly because Matt has his Navy weekend in Washington DC, but also because on the weekends our usually sleepily quiet apartment complex gets ridiculously roudy! Soooo not okay for two old fogeys like us that need our sleep!

Soooo that means that we can get internet with our laptop! Hooray! I can finally post pictures! 

Just as soon as I download the 578 that are on our camera.

Looking back at our pictures I think the best thing to do is start at the beginning.

Penn Valley, California - April 3

Because I am an awesomely cool mom 
(and maybe felt just a tad bit guilty about the 3 different schools my poor kids have gone to this year)
I made a deal with Alexis. 
If she promised not to bring up how very sucky the whole moving situation was, I would let her have a co-ed party. Yes, you heard right, co-ed.
aaaaahhhhhh!!!!

Here's what that day was like for me. 
Wake up. Let movers in. Struggle to keep Addie occupied while our whole world was being loaded onto a moving truck. Clean. Clean. Clean. Pick up kids. Swallow my pride and let my absolutely saintly friends from church come help with windows, mopping, dinner... did I mention how much I totally appreciate them?! Visit with other awesome church friends. Struggle some more with Addie. Take Christian to baseball. Pick up pizza. Host a party with 20 tweens.
 I cringe even remembering that day!

It was so horrible!
So loud!
So many tears!

At one point everyone of those tweens was crying. 
You could hardly breathe through the thick cloud of drama that hung over our basement family room 
(they were confined to that one, very empty room).
So horrible. 
But totally worth it for my own sweet little tweeny.

I hate posting pic's of other peoples kids but I feel the need to at least document with one photo my awesome awesomenss. 
Or stupidity. 
You choose.


The next day was spent getting up early for opening day of Little League. I tried really hard to keep things as normal for as long as possible for the kids. After that I dropped them at the park to hang out with their friends. Addison was really an angel waiting patiently as I finished tying up loose cleaning ends all day. Did I mention that that house was 4000 square feet? Yeah, that wasn't very fun. The good thing was that I had just done a pre-move scrub before we left Clovis so I was pretty efficient with my planning and cleaning.  

That evening I made the long hour and a half drive down to the Sacramento Airport for the last time to pick up my sister Amy. I was so relieved to know we were finally gonna be leaving!

You know, sometimes it's best not to have too much time to plan! Since we first learned we were probably moving in December we had so much time to plan and think and plan and stress.... It was just such a relief to finally be on our way! Anyways... on to the trip.

Leaving Penn Valley! Sunday, April 5

I wanted to get a pic of the 5 of us in front of our house but I guess we'll just have to photo shop Matt in. :)

Finally on our way!!!!!!!!!!!


We got up super early and powered through to Fallbrook to see our Grandma! She's getting ready for her 94th birthday in May, she's amazing!


My Aunt Jerri let us stay at her house (which was sooo nice!) and my cousin Tracy brought one of her kiddos over to see us. We had a very good, albeit quick visit.

I'll miss being so close to them!

Not to go off on too much of a tangent, but....
I'm really kind of missing being close to any of our family! 
New Mexico and California were both at least on the same side of the country as 
Washington and Texas!
Hopefully we'll get lots of visitors!

To be continued...

No comments: