Monday, April 20, 2009

Maryland at last...

We're here!

We had a super fun road trip but were so glad to be here finally! For the time being we are staying at a Navy Recreation Center in a 4 bedroom apartment. Matt did such a good job finding an alternative to hotel living! It is sooo much easier to live with three children here than when we were all couped up in a hotel!

I had our arrival in Maryland timed perfectly so that the kids could start school asap and we would have just enough days in a hotel before the house was finished. Then they pushed the home completion date back. Then they pushed it back again. Ugh.

My blogging has been and will be very limited because our apartment doesn't come with wi-fi. So I'm using Matt's work computer which is only available when he comes home from work. I don't dare upload pictures or change backgrounds, so it looks like I'll be Easter festive till we move in to our house. :) That's okay, we love Easter.

I will be blogging about all of our road trip fun later when I can post pics and all. I will say that on Saturday we went to Washington DC for a few hours. At the WW2 Memorial we ran into Jennifer Love Hewitt and Jamie Kennedy! And just fyi "running into" means I spotted them, freaked out a little as I told my family who they were, and then took a picture as they posed with other fans. You know "ran into."

And then we saw Sasha and Malia out on the White House lawn playing with Bo! We were in front of the White House taking pics (and when I say "in front" I mean past the lawn, huge fence, two-way private street, another huge fence, and guards.) when we saw the doors open, a black dog and 2 kids run out, along with a small group of adults. As soon as that happened the guards starting yelling that the area of lawn we were standing on was closed. They sent 3 more guards out to shoo us back even further. We were all pretty convinced that we just caught a distant glimpse of the first family. Very cool!

In other news, the kids started school on Monday. I know they'll be okay, even though one of them doesn't feel like she will be. Tough for a mama to see her baby struggling, but I know she'll be stronger for the trials. Everyday when I pick her up she says her day was a little bit better than the last. And she was actually texting a Marylander... Marylandite... Marylandian... hmmm, what do you call someone that lives in Maryland?! Anyways, she made enough of a friend to text. Hooray!

Christian loves school. He came home the first day and told me that he'd made lots of friends and had a really great day. He couldn't tell me any of his friends names... but I think that might just be a boy thing.

Addie is officially sleep deprived. And so am I. That poor baby hasn't had a decent nap in over a month! There was one day this week that she actually slept for 2 1/2 hours (as opposed to 5 minutes in the car here or there) and only woke up once that night! I thought (hoped, prayed, begged!) that we might be on the road back to sleep normalcy, but alas, no. I spent hours this morning trying to get here to sleep, to no avail. Poor girls got bags under her eyes but she just won't sleep! UGH!

Matt is loving his job. He's able to use his pilot training to fly his unmanned airplanes but then he's also able to fly actualy manned airplanes too. Such a fun job for a perpetual kid! A lot of hard work but a lot of fun too.

That's all from this side of the country. We're still waiting for our house to be finished. Pleeeeeaaaasssseeee hurry and finish our house!!!


3 comments:

Joy :) said...

Yay for you. Glad you're there. Sad you're not here. Hope you're house is finished soon. Can't wait to hear more about the road trip. I need an address to send something to.

carlen said...

how exciting! a new house! i have another friend that just moved to DC about a year ago--you can link to their "Bishopp Family" blog on my side bar if you want to see what they've been enjoying there--though i know there's no shortage of things to explore. i hear the spring is especially beautiful, too! sorry for the adjustment phase for alexis . . . but she is such a sweetheart, i know she'll make friends fast! good look with Addie's sleep deprivation! i'm sure it's just an adjustment phase for her, too! can't wait to see more pics! i also need to make a SIGN for your new home! let me know if there is something special you would like!

~Lori said...

Fun to read about your adventures. I guess Chris told Kylie he liked it there. Alexis will be fine. She is so outgoing!! I hope your house gets done soon. Glad you are not couped up in a hotel. Can't wait to see pics!!