Sunday, October 26, 2008

One more move update

Whew, it's been awhile! We've been busy as ever. The kids and I got back last night from a quick 5 day jaunt to San Diego to visit some friends and family, I'll post more about that later, but in some exciting news... we finally have a house! After lots of prayer and lots of looking, we decided to rent. This will allow us to save money and get to know the area here a little better. We'll still keep an eye on houses and see if we find anything we just can't refuse. We signed a one year lease and are hopeful that by then we'll have a little better idea of what we're doing and where we'll be for a little bit longer. We'll be at our house tomorrow (Monday) but don't have movers coming with our things till Tuesday.

We got a house in a gated community called Lake Wildwood in Penn Valley. Lake Wildwood (according to our realtor) was meant to be a community of vacation homes but people liked it so much that they started living there year round. It's totally woodsy and hilly and all the homes are built around a huge lake. We went out to see our house this morning and there were tons of deer, wild turkeys, and squirrels running around everywhere! It will be very different!

It's a huge house, 3,200 square feet! It's got 4 bedrooms and a basement family room which I love!!! It's kind of an old fashioned house, but still nice. And one of the coolest things... we have a bidet!!! ****Matt and I have been sitting here for the last 10 minutes trying to figure out how to spell bidet!!! We googled bade, badee, bede, bedee, toilets (then I clicked on images, ohhh, yucky!), before I finally googled squirting toilets and found a wikipedia page with it spelled properly! Geez, sometimes I feel so slow!***** So if you come visit us you can try our bidet! I feel very satisfied that given this generous offering we will have loads of visitors! I know I'm excited to use it!

We are sooooo absolutely ready to have a home again! We left Clovis 22 days ago and have been moving around ever since. My goal is to have us all moved in by next Tuesday. I know it's a lofty goal. Especially considering we will need to buy a refrigerator and go on a major food shopping excursion to stock our shelves and all the stores are at least 30 minutes from our house! Oh yeah, that's one drawback. We're away from everything! There are a couple small communities around, and the Air Force Base is about 30 minutes away. Then after that is Auburn which is 30 minutes away too. I guess we're kind of used to that because in Clovis we had to travel an hour and a half to get to Target, Old Navy, and stores like that, but at least we had a Wal-Mart 5 minutes away! It will definitely be interesting.

Okay, that's all I have time for. I've gotten some complaints that I haven't posted many pictures lately. That's because I've been using our MacBook and I don't know how to reduce the megapixels and I don't want to waste all my picture memory on my blog! But here are some pictures of the kiddos to tide everybody over. I've got lots of fun things to post about that I'll try to get to soon!



I can't believe how grown up she is! She really is a young woman!



Christian is such a goof ball! I love this picture of him, it really shows his goofy personality!



Addie in her cute pumpkin hat that doesn't fit her gigantic noggin! I had this same problem with Christian, why do my kids have such huge heads?!

6 comments:

Sara said...

Well, it's about time... I was wondering if you had fallen off the face of the earth! 3200 square feet? Good thing you're a great housekeeper. I suck at it, but you already know that.

Dyer Family said...

Wow! That is big...but that means lots of room for out of town visitors, right?!

Holly said...

So glad you let us all know what's up down there. Hooray for the house. I can't wait to see pictures of it and I can't wait for you guys to move in and feel settled again. I will get around to doing the "tag" thing on my blog soon, I promise, but just so you know....the girls and I are TIGHT at Bahama Bucks! They are now making the Bahama Rama Mamma just the way I tell them to:) Fill the cup ALL the way to the top with that most delicious ice cream and then cover it up with a small amount of shaved ice topped off with Lemon-lime (my new favorite flav)Yummy, yummy!! I have even gotten a few free coupons out of them cuz like I said, they like me there. Tell Christian and Lexie, Matt and Addie Hello from the Chappells!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Michelle is back up and blogging! I'm looking forward to the next installments so hurry up and dish the dirt!!

Love,

Dear Ol' Dad

Robyn Cheney said...

You say you are slow sometimes, but what the heck is a bidet?!?!?
I am assuming it has something to do with a toilet
COngrats on your house though. Its sounds awesome.

matt and michelle ray said...

Robyn, your so funny! A bidet is like a toilet that you don't do anything in. I guess after you do your business, you go over to the bidet and it shoots water to clean you up. At least I think thats what it is, I've never used one! I'm super excited to though!