Friday, October 17, 2008

Lucky Seven

My sweet friend Carlen tagged me on a fun tag and I am just now getting around to it. I have a good reason though, I missed her original post! The way that I even found it was that on my sleepless night two nights ago I was blog stalking Sara and noticed on her blog tracker Carlen had a blog entitled Seven Things. When I checked the said blog I found all sorts of fun. I also found, and subsequently stalked a SUPER funny friend of Carlens from Nevadanistas fame - or for anyone that wants to check out and then stalk her super funny blog - Rachel. That cost me all sorts of sleep because I couldn't quit reading Rach's blog. I can call her Rach because now we go waaay back, good old friends.

Anyways, enough of that tangent. Without further ado, my seven things.

SEVEN things I want to do before I die:

ps - Ever since I (with a little, okay a lot, of help from my brother Tom) made my blog a three column blog this summer, I can't figure out how to center things. :( stupid computer illiteracy! Anyways...

1. Travel Europe
2. Take a cruise
3. Road trip the 50 states with my hubby - and yes, I know I can't exactly road trip out to Hawaii, but we can rent a car when we're there.
4. See each of my children happily married in the temple
5. Become a Grandma, but not toooo young
6. Serve a mission with my wonderful husband
7. Own our dream home

SEVEN Things I do now:

1. Clean - choices are: house, hotel, car, kids....
2. Make lists and plan
3. Spend wonderful time with my very sweet family
4. Blogs and more blogs
5. Relax and talk on the phone (this is from a family squabble where I was accused, I will not say by whom, of ALWAYS relaxing and talking on the phone :) Okay, I am on the phone a lot, but anyone that talks to me regularly knows that I rarely relax while I do it! I do dishes (which everyone loves to hear, especially Jackie!), laundry, sweep, mop, etc. Most people have heard me apologize for breathing hard (I'm just a little out of shape, nothing major!) into the phone as I do these very, um, relaxing activities. Oh and now I breastfeed and talk on the phone too. Although lately Addie doesn't let me get away with that. Lately when I'm feeding her and I talk to anyone she unlatches and looks at me with those big, beautiful eyes as if to say "You are disturbing my feeding. Please zip it."
6. Look at ENDLESS houses. Online, in person, up close, houses, houses, houses...
7. Ummm... eat :)

SEVEN thing I can't do: (that I wish I could)

1. Sew
2. Play piano very well
3. Get the hair on the back of my head straight, there's always a wave!
4. Lindy-hop very well
5. Pass up a good bargain - see explanation for why I'm moving my family of five all around Sacramento every night
6. Understand why politicians never do what they say they will. Is there some kind of secret oath they take???
7. Understand the words to most Maroon 5 songs. Imagine me singing "Six foot four, came without a door, so I had to shoot him dead..."

SEVEN things that attracted me to my husband:

1. His beautiful smile! Just like his mama, his smile can light up a room
2. His sense of humor, he always makes me laugh!
3. His service. Actually this was the first thing I noticed about him at that fateful dance! He went around helping - with the refreshments, stacking chairs, giving rides home, he was very willing to serve others (and he still is. :)
4. His hot dance moves!!!
5. How he honors his priesthood
6. How good he was (and is) to my (now our) children. He's had to learn really quickly how to be a dad and he's done a wonderful job!!!
7. His hot car! How I miss that 1987 Volkswagon Jetta!

SEVEN things I say most often:

1. "No way!"
2. "If you put one more toe out of line..."
3. "I love you!"
4. "What are you doing?" - that's one of my talking on the phone and relaxing lines :)
5. "I am so blessed!"
6. "Oh for the love...!"
7. "I'm hungry..."

SEVEN celebrities I admire:

I'm gonna take a page out of Carlen's book (or should I say blog) and go with my sweet familia!

1. My Matty
2. My Lexi-lu
3. My baby boy
4. My sweet baby Addie-bear
5. Teachers all around the world - givin' em' a little shout-out!
6. Mothers all around the world - another shout-out!
7. Cameron Diaz. Hey, I admire her hot bod', she's totally muscular!

SEVEN favorite foods:

Ugh, impossible to choose! It would probably be easier to choose my seven least favorite foods. But then I wonder if I could come up with seven, really I'll eat anything, I love to eat and sometimes plan my day around it, I mean, have you seen me lately? LOVE food! Okay, I'll try to pick only seven, so hard... stressing... hmmm, all this talk about food, maybe I'm hungry...

1. Symphony bar with nougets and toffee (king size of course. And sadly, I can eat the whole thing. Kinda makes my teeth hurt but I'm no quitter, I push through the pain!)
2. Mom's cheesecake
3. Texas sheet cake with vanilla bean ice cream
4. Most any ice cream but faves include rocky road, cookie dough, cake batter, and pistachio almond. And then any ice cream topped with marshmallow topping from Baskin Robbins!
5. Shave ice. Yum, I absolutely love shave ice and that's actually not all that fattening! Yea! Right before we moved, a brand new shave ice place opened in Clovis called Bahama Bucks and it's probably a good thing we left because that was some goooood stuff! Expensive but good! And they make a special one called a Bahama-rama-mama with ice cream at the bottom and cream swirled throughout. Yum.... bahama-rama-mama...
6. Red vines
7. And since I only have sweets on here, hmmmm, let's see... How about a Mexican plate with rice, beans, taco, avocado, cheese, sour cream... ahhh, I love food...

SEVEN people I invite to do this blog:

1. Marissa
2. Holly
3. Robyn
4. Heather
5. Hilary
6. Diana
7. Talena

Can't wait to see your lucky sevens!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's with all the writing. I want to see some pictures.

carlen said...

Such a fun post in response to the Lucky Tag, Michelle!!! It was also Rachel of Nevadanistas that informed me that if you start a post and don't finish it until later, it still posts as of the day you begin it . . . that's why it appeared below posts that I published after i started the Tag!!! Isn't Rachel (aka Nevadanistas) delightful! i love reading her posts and i very often bust a gut laughing! if she ever decides to do stand-up, all of her blog fans will pay for front-row tickets!

I also learned from your answers that we have a LOT more in common! among others, OWNING MY DREAM HOME! MULTI-TASKING while talking on the phone (i remember those nursing days when my babies would stop and look at me . . .i thought they did it because they were so sure i was talking to them and they were flattered by the attention and didn't want to be rude by ignoring me to nurse!!!) LOVING FOOD, especially TEXAS SHEET CAKE and PISTACHIO ALMOND ICE CREAM!!! and i must tell you i got goose bumpts when you shared what attracted you to your sweet matt! you know how much respect i have for all the RAY boys. even the simple fact that matt, joe, and jim (not to mention mike) HELPED A TON on MOM'S new house was monumental! you're are so right, A WILLINGNESS TO SERVE says a lot! you got a keeper (and he's awfully lucky too)!!!

(sorry . . . it appears i wrote a BOOK of a comment!) Love, Carlen