Tuesday, October 6, 2026

10/5 & 10/6

 Yesterday started spirit week. Each grade had a theme - Delaney’s was sci-fi and Frankie’s was western. D wanted to paint her face green but we couldn’t find any at Target and I threw ours away very recently - which is why I struggle with throwing things away. Anyway, D settled for a foil hat and franks with the camo.

I got a text that morning that Joni was in town! We met up at Sarah’s and got to visit for an hour and it was such a fun surprise! I miss her!!!

I made plum chicken for dinner and got my whole list plus a lot of extras add-ons done throughout the day. 

Today I had an hour long call with Ginny about all the things and then a call with one of our stake comms people who has a food truck next week that I’ll be helping with. This calling has been such a huge adjustment and learning curve, and as far as coordinating councils go - DC North is a tricky and very busy one since we have DC, the state capitol, and the temple & visitors center within our boundaries. 

I walked over to Sarah’s for Inklings and stayed chatting till 12:30. It was so nice just to sit and spend time with friends. 

I’m slowly decorating for Halloween, organizing girls memory boxes, and helping Frankie clean out her closet. It’s national taco day, so I made chicken tacos and beans and rice and I packed a plate for Frankie. I picked her up from school and took her straight to piano. 

I got to talk to all my people today and everyone is doing really well. Adi said she’s a 7/10 and I say that’s pretty darn good for the first month of college!

No comments: