Friday was the big day and we were ready! We got our beemer packed up Thursday night and got to sleep early.
Because we had a 4:30 wake-up to be able to make it up to rexburg in time for orientation.A little car preening before I walked her to her orientation and then walked to mine.
It was different than it was 10 years ago. 🤣 they had info tables set up with all sorts of clubs and services and swag.
And then there were 3 sessions we could choose. I went to a mental health, financial aid, and letter writing - I only did that last one because the others were full. 🤷♀️
Then we all went together for the night opening with the Meredith’s and the new student welcome. It was really, really good. I cried like 8 times. I’m just so happy Adi is there and happy.
Woot!
After that we headed to her apartment. Move-ins started Wednesday, so we were coming in late and she was excited to meet everyone!
And then we got there and there was just one girl there and her room mate thought she was gonna have her own room so she had moved into both sides, so that was a rocky start. But they are very nice - at least the 4 I met.
Adi checked out the piano as we unpacked the car.
We unpacked a few things, but willow still had a lot of stuff on Adi’s side and we decided to break for lunch.
Cute green theme!
I guess we got her iCard before lunch. 🤣
The new temple! Straight down the street from the operating temple. So cool!
We ate at Curry Pizza which has been featured on Diners, Dives, and Drive ins, or whatever that show is called.
We did a little more unpacking and planned our night. I wasn’t sure if Adi would want to stay at her apartment or stay at the hotel with me, but I was happy when she decided to come to the hotel with me for one more slumber party. .
We got treaties at Walmart and watched movies in our room and went to the pool and also someone tried to come in our room and it was terrifying.
And then the front desk guys grilled me on why we were in that room and it was wild. And also not the nicest hotel, but fine enough. We were sups tired and the beds were sups comfy so it was a good night!!!

















No comments:
Post a Comment