Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Oops I did it again

I’ve been wanting to blog for awhile now but the thought of catching up feels daunting. One bite at a time, and here we go. 

This is pretty much how we’ll be rolling. Last night we cleaned out the leftovers and tonight we’ll see. Adi’s been petitioning for pizza, and she might just get her wish. 

Last week Chantell and I finally caught up and she asked if they could come for thanksgiving, which is great and fun, and also made me get into gear after being busy and not being in home gear. Every day has been busy busy switching out summer clothes, getting rid of huge boxes of clothes we’ve been given and bought through the years that Delaney won’t wear, prepping for thanksgiving, finishing putting away Halloween and scouring the house. It wasn’t bad before, but the dining room and basement bedroom had become junk catchalls, all those projects I didn’t want to do, and now with the prospect of visitors they are getting done. And I am tired but happy. 

Bubba called Monday night and surprise! He and jeanne were cleared to leave NY early and were driving down as we spoke! And could they stay the night? 🤣 It’s absolutely fine, but young couples and they’re flighty flight plans are funny. Thankfully we were already well on our way to being ready for guests, so it all worked out and we’re always so happy to see them. 

Chelsea is out of town, so Adi, bubba, jeanne, Matt and I headed to her shop and decorated and switched out merch. It was fun to go all together. 

And hooray for turning off alarms and settling in for some full time thanksgiving prep because there’s no school Wednesday! 5 days off feels very luxurious and we’re all excited! Also exciting, we got a mystery advent calendar that we finally tracked down to Grandpa Ray. I’ve been giving grandparents fun advent calendars the last few years, so I guess I’m rubbing off on them. 🤗

I must be excited to be done with my long to do list (so close!) or to eat all the delicious food or for family time because I woke up at 2 and now it’s 4 and I’m still here. I guess it makes for blogging time? We’ll leave it here with just a toe dipped in the blog pool for now, but I think I’m feeling winds of massive catch up posts. Or maybe I’ll wait another 2 months. Only time will tell.