Thursday, November 30, 2023

Thanksgiving prep and other things

I love our cute front porch. I need to fix my jenky bows on my lanterns, and add some bows to our railings, but we put lights on the tree so I’m super close to done outside. 

Adi had her 15 year checkup and got her a new epi pen. She looks great, obviously. She’s playing the organ for sacrament meeting this Sunday, her first time to play all 3 songs, practicing a duet with Lily, and preparing for our piano recital. She’s pretty stressed and has had a few quiet meltdowns. I promised her that it would be fine to let Johnna play one of her songs on Sunday and that she’s doing really  really well. So proud of her. 

This era of the Ray times finds us not watching a lot of tv, but in the fall we love dancing with the stars, survivor, and amazing race and we look forward to them all week. Today was a survivor and amazing race day since those air Wednesday but we don’t have cable so can’t watch till Thursday. Anyway, our viewing habits are fascinating, but it was a really fun week of those 3 shows. 

On Wednesday before thanksgiving (pie day) Christian, jeanne, Matt, Adi, and I stocked Chelsea’s store. We put up her Christmas tree and decorated it, then stocked Christmas clothing. It was fun to be there all together and happily working together. 

I always make 3 pies - chocolate chip pie (grandmas recipe), cheesecake (my moms recipe and not technically a pie, but maybe really technically a pie?), and some sort of pumpkin something. This year I had each of the girls take charge of one and Delaney chose a pumpkin cookie pie, which turned out a lot like Frankie’s chocolate chip pie, that was different from the way mine usually tastes, but was still very good. They all did a great job and I love cooking with my little helpers. We jammed out to Christmas music for the first time this season and it was a lovely lovely day. 

We had clean, clean, cleaned the whole house, and I found 2 more pieces of NYE ‘21 confetti when we put up our Christmas tree. 🙄 it’s truly the gift that keeps on giving and will be giving never again in this house. 😂

I had gone for a run that morning (I guess I’m working backwards today) and to my surprise this giant bird flew right overhead and landed on a house right next to me. The boys both said it’s a heron and apparently they fly all over all the time in Florida, but I’ve never noticed one. And that’s who I am now, someone that stops a run to take a picture of a bird. 

Delaney a) made a big mess with marker ink (see her fingers) and b) made herself, and ate the whole thing I might add, a gigantic brekkie sandwich that morning. I was impressed. 

It was a long day but we got everything done and prepped a ton of delicious thanksgiving sides. 😋