Friday, April 8, 2022

Country roads

As much as we missed our at home crew, I have to admit our last day was kind of sad. This little road trip was so good for me. So needed and filling. Not perfect, just like life, but sooo good. Into the not perfect column, we hit a major traffic jam pretty early on in Virginia. It was so slow that Matt got out to walk and stretch a bit. He took some pictures of our jam. 

My dad checked in on us all day, and sent a pic of this feral cutie waiting for us to come home.  

Not sure if I’ve mentioned how pretty the drive was, but it was. 

We listened to conference again, which was a really lovely way to travel. We stopped at Dan and Chantell’s in Charlottesville for a charcuterie lunch and visit. And then, on to home. Matt created this map of each of our stops. 

We arrived around 8pm to an excited crew. We passed out souvies and everyone was happy with our choices. I thought to ask them before we left, which made things a lot more simple. Sweatshirts for Adi and Frankie and a stuffie for Delaney Ray. We went 2267 miles and 37 hours. We could have done it in 1952 miles and 28 hours, but we made it a journey. No ragrets. 

It’s been a good and busy week. I worked hard to unpack, clean, and organize after us being gone for a week. I made a goal to go through 1 box a day, and that’s been a floor, not a ceiling for how much I’ve gone through. I’ve got boxes of things for Amy, Alli, Bubba, Lexi, and my dad, so far. I can’t remember everything each of us claimed, so I’ve sent many pictures like this one of Grandma Clayton’s blanket. 

We’ve found lots of treasures, like these giant dominos. 

I won this game, bytheway. 

So trip recap. All the 🌟🌟🌟. So much love and gratitude and perspective. A favorite for sure. 

And how about a fresh new big boy haircut for Carter? Love these crazies!

And finally, πŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ™ŒπŸΌ



No comments: