Monday, March 15, 2021

Day #363-#365

The final installment in our year of covid daily (or sometimes not) posts. The emotions of the one year mark are not lost on me, but the ability to write eloquently about them is. It has been the craziest  year. We would have never believed it could ever happen if we hadn’t lived through it. It’s so wild to me too how different everyone’s experience has been based on where they live too. Even within the US, our experiences have all been so unique. I believe we are all just doing the best we can and what works for our family, and hopefully for our communities too. Goodbye to one of the most difficult, emotional, scary and also wonderful, familial, best years ever. I am firmly convinced all the best things in life also generally have really challenging parts to them, and our covid year was no exception. The light at the end of the tunnel is super bright as more and more of my people are getting vaccinated. There is an energy in the air, which is definitely being helped by the slow arrival of Spring, and some normalcy is returning. Bye Felicia to covid year. 

On Friday we schooled and I had a few meetings. Making sure we are completely ready for an interactive Women’s conference with our 2 special branches takes a lot of coordination. I talked to the new RSP of the Spanish Branch and she was so apologetic of us having to figure out translators and how to facilitate that over Zoom. i am not at all mad or frustrated about it, I am so happy to do it and am learning so much and just pray everyone feels welcomed and unified and honestly, needed and loved. 

We went for a family walk to the park but I left my phone home to charge since I’d been on it so much. I made a breakfast dinner and then we watched Jennifer Garner’s new family movie Yes Day. Cade worked from early in the morning till about 11pm, and I am so glad we are able to be here to help with the boys. 

Emmett loves chocolate chip pancakes. 

I usually get Emmett when he wakes up in the morning and he likes to cuddle quietly for a few minutes. It’s so very sweet, it’s one of my fav parts of the day. 

I have been a little lenient with him not eating in his high chair so I took this to show Lexi what a good mimi and Emmi we were being. 

Em loves to read with me. 😂

The girls are obsessed with their baby monitors. It has a delayed reaction so Addie did a couple cool videos. She’s is so creative and artsy.  

Carter is so smart, he looks so intently  at whoever is holding him. Newborns are the best. 

All the girls went shopping and left the boys with daddy. Everybody got an Easter dress and we got Emmi some swim trunks. Then after naps we picked up pizza and met up with AJ and his cute family at a park with all the rest of Great Falls. 😬

It was almost 60° and so beautiful! AJ and Mykel have 2 cute kids, their baby is just a few months younger than E, and they were very sweet together. 

I managed not to take any pictures with AJ, but we’re hoping to meet up with them again one day. 

Sunday was daylight savings time. I went to bed early Saturday night and the girls and Cade watched a movie, so then I was up early Sunday morning. It was quiet and so dark still at 7. 

Addie woke up early too and since I was texting Matt, I sent him a picture. We both read and then went back to bed for a bit. 

We were all planning on going to church but then Carter was up a lot of the night, so we ended up taking just Emmett. Lu asked how he was doing and we sent this mouthful of goldfish picture. He did great and they actually sing here, so that was wonderful. 

I had our quarterly stake missionary meeting and I did a training for a new initiative - Love*Share*Invite. Brother Nichols emailed me after to thank me and said I have a very easy going way of presenting and leading a discussion and I had to laugh. I hope not too easy going. 🤷‍♀️ It was another beautiful day so we took a family walk wherein we lost Delaney again. Not really lost her, just again miscommunicated. Cade stayed home and finished up his delicious pot roast for dinner, so we checked in with him as we walked back looking for her and she showed up a few minutes later. 

We had our nice roast for dinner and then played some Jackbox games. I won my first Quiplash game ever, and everyone actually won once, so it was a fun night. And that is one year of living through a global pandemic in the books. 

No comments: