Tuesday, September 3, 2019

1st day of school 2019-2020

Today started bright and early at the Ray’s. I woke up at 4:30 and figured I might as well make some pancakes for the festivities. I woke Addie up at 6:00 and, even though she was groggy, her excitement got her moving. We were ready to go right on time for her 6:43 bus pickup. 

I wasn’t sure what to expect as far as school supplies, so I waited until after open house to buy them, which meant she had loads of supplies to take in. Tomorrow her pack will be just as full!

She was so excited and nervous!

She ok’d me coming out to the bust stop with her, and we grabbed a quick picture. 

I quickly snapped a few bus shots and quietly waited on the curb. I wasn’t going to wave, but she waved as the bus pulled away, so I had to wave back. And she was off!

Miss froggy was up and throwing a kink into my schedule nice and early. We still managed to run around right before go time. 

Delaney was so nervous! We couldn’t pinpoint why, but she was anxious. 

We were happy to have found her pink boots, and sad that they were a smidge too big. 

Early morning brightness. These two are so stoked to be in the same class and homeroom. 

And these two also. 

And they’re off too. 

Chris came over to hang out while I made chocolate chip cookies and he met Addie at the bus stop with me. She says “I’m free!”

She said it was a good day, and also she doesn’t want to go back. 🤷‍♀️

Precious girl. 

#firstdayofschooltreat

The girls ate cookies and then quietly retreated to their rooms. They were so tired! We decided to skip the spirit night and watch The Goonies. Classic. 

By the end, Frankie was crying because she had a headache. Shortly after, Addie retreated to her room, laid down, and fell asleep, without dinner. Delaney never stops, but she also is the most difficult to wake up in the morning. 

It was a good and exhausting first day. 179 to go!

No comments: