Friday, October 13, 2017

Hope

Today was a good day. After dropping girls off late to school again (still biking/scootering on our merry way) I was able to spend a few minutes visiting Charlene at the hospital. Love that sweet lady. She's one of those people you meet that you just can't wait for them to be made whole in the next life. Not that I want her to pass on, I don't, but I just know she's got good things in store for her from our loving Heavenly Father. 

At 11 I met with Lisa at Boundless Expectations to talk dyslexia tutoring. For a long time I have debated, should I work a few hours a day, and if so, what on earth should I do? I just have too many loves and this earth is way too interesting to choose just one thing. Plus also, I am a helper (my enneagram said so, 2 with a 3 wing) and there are sooo many people to help.

With Frankie's learning struggles coming to a head, I have reached out to all the mommas in my network that have experience with dyslexia. I've gotten such good guidance and have been buoyed up by other strong moms that are forging their own scary path that we have found ourselves trying to navigate. 

So to make a long story short, when we were going through the iep process (May'ish) amy H. had called and told me that her friend lisa runs a tutoring service called Boundless Expectations (BE from now on) and they needed tutors. It seemed like a good idea, but then I wouldn't work after school, and that's when it seemed to me tutors are needed, so I never bothered to call her. Then just a few weeks ago when I was talking to a momma friend, she said there are lots of children that are able to get their tutoring done during the school day and that I should call lisa to see. So I did. Only this chic is a busy lady, so it took several tries over several weeks. 

But when we finally caught each other it was so good. Instant connection, love her ideas, she's got daytime opportunities, good pay, crazy flexible and only as much as I want to work, she offered to help look at our school paperwork and test Frankie, and, best of all, I will be trained so I can tutor Frankie. This is such a perfect blessing and I am reminded again how perfect Gods plan and timing are to me. 

I met with lisa today and again, just good stuff. Delightfully, I had spilled hot mustard on my shirt between visiting Charlene and my appt, so good job working girl. Inspite of the dirty shirt, it was a really wonderful meeting. We both cried, because learning disabilities and precious babies are no joke. Also, I am nothing if not super professional. 

I feel so led to this right now. It's such important work, and though its not my first choice in all of the job possibilities I've been dreaming up, it feels right for right now and I am feeling so very loved and blessed. What a wild and beautiful life. 

Tonight we ate pizza and watched Spooky Stories, then before bed we piled into Tallulah Belle and drove the mean streets of LG to check out the Halloween decorations. We also scouted for a house to Boo. Now that we're armed and dangerous, a boo'ing we will go one day soon. 

I came in from the drive first and perched myself just inside the mudroom door, so that when the first unsuspecting girl walked in, I grabbed her with a boo! It was Delaney and she quickly melted into a scared crying fit while the rest of us cracked up. I've pretty much perfected the comforting laugh hold., so she was definitely being tended to. And then she was quickly assuaged by a quick thinking prank on daddy. Oh how I love this pranky gang of mine. 

And the one "mommy take a picture of me" shot of the day. 

Oh dear one, your path will be long, but you are so loved and cheered on. "God sent you here to prepare for a future greater than anything you can imagine." ~ Dieter F. Uchtdorf

2 comments:

Alecia said...

I love Frankie and I love you and I'm so glad you've got a way forward. I'm always here to listen if you need me!

The Ainas said...

Agree with Alecia. I love me some Frankie. She's going to teach us all some amazing things. Love you!