Sunday, October 15, 2017

About time


This morning our team 2 cleaned the church. We have a great team and they work hard. I spent my time vacuuming and listening to ma stories on my phone, so it was quite delightful. The girls all love "cleaning" the church, and I love that. 

Our tradition is to bring donuts to the church, and then to hit up Chick-fil-A after. Cause in our family, traditions = food. 

They had a special Olympics fundraiser today, so we donated some dollars and added our names to the patrol car. And yes, that homeless child with us dressed herself. 

Next we picked up some paint for a project later, and then went to visit this cutie. She looooves the girls (all kids) so much and she loved visiting. We took a vote about a song to sing her and Laney won with her fav I am a Child of God. I hope these girls are learming the good they can do in the world as they spread kindness.  

When we got home it was time for our big project - painting Addie's room. This was a long time coming, since it was an 8th birthday present and Addie is now almost 9 1/2. 

First we had to take down the baby border. This sweet little Tropical Punch nursery set was our 3 girls first bedroom motif and I loved it so much. And now it's gone. 

The girls were very helpful. The big girls and the naked baby firefighter. 

Addie used the screwdriver on the outlets, spackled the holes, and painted lots.  

Even d learned to use the screwdriver. 

She loves her firefighter tattoo and is excited to show it to her primary teacher tomorrow. 😣

Finally after about 2 hours, we were ready for the most exciting part, time to open the paint!

She loves it! I'm not sure, but I think I like it. I'm excited to see how it looks after it gets all put back together. And I'm so glad we finally got our acts together and got it done. 

On Friday the fire department came to see our kindergarteners. 

I might have d talked into being a firefighter for Halloween, though cat is still pretty high on her list. 

Love her teachers and her class!

No comments: