Friday, May 26, 2017

Luau's and daddy dates

 
Yesterday Miss thang got to go to PE. And on the one day I didn't have her wear shorts under her skirt!

It was also the 100 Book Challenge Luau. All the kids that read 100 books (and whose parents had them fill out their forms, no small feat!) got a lei, pizza, Popsicles, and then separated into groups for games. 

Everyone brought a beach towel to sit on. Luckily I saw a mom dropping off towels when I dropped D off so I was able to grab 2 for the girls. 
 
I got to take Frankie's group around. She had fun running the lei relay. 
And the beach ball hockey was everyone's favorite!  
All those kids going crazy for the ball, but my girl holds steady at the goal!
 
Then the groups juggle, which works better with less wind and not 1st graders. 
 
We love to party, so right after school we headed to Chick-fil-A for military appreciation night. Who loves free food? These guys!!!
 
We played on the bounce house and checked out all their fun setups until it was time for Frankie to go to dance. 

I wanted a crossbody purse for Mother's Day and I found one I liked from thirty-one. So when I started looking through the catalog I saw that I could sign up to be a distributervand get the bag I wanted plus some other fun bags for just a little more. It was fun opening our starter box!
Brenda is such a good A days leader that even in the midst of the biggest trial of her life, she still put on a wonderful night for the girls and their dads. Matt took it seriously and made Addie a cute candy lei (against my wishes, but whatevs) and insisted on driving separately from us so he could really treat her like a lady. I instructed him to get lots of pictures, so naturally this was the only one he took. 
He said none of the other dad's were taking pictures and he felt weird. Boys!

And some better Luau pics from chris. 
 
The kids had so much fun! In spite of some of the other kids that weren't able to attend sticking their tongues out at the attendees. 
 
One day Laney's new friend that's a boy, Clark had the pre-k princesses over. All 4 of them!
 
And Laney is a bratskee that doesn't snile for other people. She might be my first kid that behaves better for me than for other people. If I didn't think she was so awesome I'd be pretty amnoyed. 
 

No comments: