Sunday, April 30, 2017

A day off

Today was a nice summer preview. We changed our Frankie and Delaney's summer clothes and then met up with neighborhood friends on the green. From there we went to the Andrus' for some sprinkler and cupcake fun. Those girls are all super sweet, their husbands all work together, they all have one or two kids and their all skinny and pretty. And then there's me, the old mother-in-law! I was always the young mom with my big kids, so this being the old mom business is weird. I don't like it, but I do like where I'm at and how much better of a mom I am now. Life's about trade offs I guess. 

Matt picked us up from our water fun and we went to see Boss Baby as a birthday makeup for Frankie. Going to the movies is my fav and the movie was cute and silly. And yay, matt at least felt well enough to go to a movie, and I call that progress!
 
I finally unpacked and did laundry. Feels so good to get things done, but sometimes it's so hard to get started. Yesterday we had a volunteer appreciation event after school. Third grade lily took this picture, haha, none of us were ready. 

We've got an awesome group of volunteers. I love our school. The staff put on a really nice luncheon for us and gave us each a pretty metal keychain that said something sweet about volunteers. 
 
Then they asked the board to come up to be recognized. They gave each of us a personalized metal keychain which was very sweet. This pta board has weathered some major drama, including hurt feelings and drama amongst ourselves. But we've overcome and it's really been a great 2 years as treasurer. 
 
After the luncheon I dropped the gang at home, including matt, and headed to the aina's to drive up to the stake temple night. We picked up jen on our way and we all enjoyed visiting, plus it was nice to not have to drive. I was able to do ordinances for my great-grandpas grandma, so my 3rd great grandma from Sweden. I was really grateful to be able to do her work, and it was fun to see so many people from our ward and stake. On our way out we ran into the Martines and the Reed's and visited until the temple workers turned the lights off. And then on our way home we grabbed some Wendy's. It was a fabulous day. 

Delaney ordered some books with her birthday money from grandpa. Happy lady!

Addie had a wonderful time at A days and brought home this cute Impatient plant. Brenda does such a wonderful job, I'm so grateful for her!

 Lexi Lu sent me this pic. She'd come home to dinner on the table. That's one of my quick go to's,, and one of all the kids favorite meals. Polska kielbasa with white rice, yum!
 
Riding home from school one day. And Delaney modeled ournold balance bike so we can sell it. 
 
Delaney woke up with crazy hair one day. We love crazy hair. 
 
Morning cuddles with mommy and lovey. I will miss this kid next year!!!

The Finlayson's finished their coffee table and their couch finally arrived. Pretty cute!
We had a pta event on Tuesday, in conjunction with the book fair. We bought some plants from the plant sale first, and by the time we got into the library Delaney sat down and said she didn't feel well. This strep kicked her poor little booty. Thankfully daddy was home and came to get her.  
 
I presented he state of our pta budget and am that much closer to finishing my treasurer duties. I even met a lady today on the green that thinks she'd like to take over for me. 😬 bittersweet!

We did other stuff this week, but this is the 

No comments: