Tuesday, April 25, 2017

In which the Finlayson's get crafty

Maybe real life doesn't start on Monday. At least not productive real life. This girlfriend took her first parcc text this morning. She said it was "fine." She looked so grown up playing after school today. And also, such a good helper girl. She's the healthiest of our crew and such a trooper. Except when she weirdly melted down yesterday and ramped her pest mode up to 150%. Other than that, awesome. 
 
Addie had a follow up appt at 8:40 for her ear infection of a couple weeks ago. I called as soon as they opened at 8:00 to see if we could do a swap-a-roo since Addie had testing and F and D were actually sick. They never did answer, but we showed up and they were willing to see both girls, where it was determined that both have strep. Stupid strep with no sore throat symptoms and stupid dirty airplanes. Sweet froggy and I took a nap this afternoon and she is still feeling pretty gross. Ready for those antibiotics to kick in!
8:20 Monday morning and driving the hot mess express to the dr. No tooth or hair brushing, D in her jams. Toot toot!
Speaking of hair brushing. This chic was a birds nest mess yesterday.  
I took these pics and we were laughing and it was funny.   
And then we put girls to bed. And d started wailing. 
She was so distraught at the thought of brushing her hair the next day that she couldn't possibly sleep. So we gently sprayed and brushed and sprayed and brushed. So silly. 
 
The Finlayson's and our boy got crafty. 
 They made this cute tv stand.  
And these cute night stands. 
 
And this cute shelf. Cute and thrifty and I love it!
 
One of Christian's classmates posted this third grade class pic yesterday. First of all, the photographer needs some training. This is about the worst setup I've ever seen. Chris' big head is right in the middle and directly behind Chance's big head in the blue. These kids have joined the military, are in college, and a few are parents. Pretty crazy!
 
And how about some comedy? Yes, I think so. 
I had ordered my mother of the bride dress from china. I didn't actually know if was from China, and it actually wasn't cheap, but from China it was. It was a lovely dress I thought. Elegant but not too oldish. And of course I ordered it in pale pink for Lexi's colors. This dress here:
And then as a splurge and in order to get free shipping I threw in this one:
 It didn't come and didn't come. Finally a week before leaving for Oregon I frantically went shopping. I shopped for about 8 hours and hit almost every clothing store in SoMd. Finally at Ross I found 3 suitable dresses. None I loved and I still had hope for my lovely dress to come. A day after the wedding I got a notice that it arrived, yay. I was excited to try it on when we got back home. And this is what I found...
It was the weirdest dress I've ever tried on! All lumpy and padded up top, like a football player! And it wouldn't zip up top! For a dress to fit me on the bottom but not the top is very unusual for me. 
 
Isn't this bizarre?!?
 
And then there was the bonus dress. This one also wouldn't zip and would fit someone around 6'2. Fun, huh? 
 
I was able to get a refund of everything but the return shipping. Which amounted to $50. Expensive and difficult lesson learned. 

The newlyweds are settled into their cute apartment, and the boy is settled into his new one. He's rooming with Sam and Robbie from good old SoMd. He captioned this one "Spring Semester Stunting." Oh be good, sweet boy!
 
We've had another rainy day of movies and resting. Maybe the week will really start tomorrow. We shall see. For now we've got some Mary Poppins to watch. 

No comments: