Sunday, April 23, 2017

Hot mess express

We got home from the grand Oregon wedding trip Tuesday after midnight. Since then it's been pretty much downhill. Everyone went to school on Wednesday, but that afternoon I started feeling achy. I took a warm bath and slept and slept. 
 
Thursday yuck hit around the after school mark as well, but not as bad for me. Unfortunately Frankie started feeling sick and came home early with a fever. 
 
Then as if a sick frog isn't enough, the bug started to feel sickey-poo too. 
 
We've not had a proper dinner since we got home, and even though I managed to grocery shop, I didn't manage to put groceries away for 2 days. Addie asked that I take this silly shot of her enjoying her ramen dinner one evening. And Sprite for upset tum-tums. 
 
On Friday we watched Hidden Figures, a new fav of mine, but not quite what the girls were ready for. It was the perfect sick weekend because it rained and rained. I ran Saturday morning, but that was the only time any of us left the house. 
 
We watched lots of movies, The Sound of Music, Winne the Pooh, and Hello Dolly, and read lots of books, Winnie the Pooh, I am Malala, and picture books. We ate lots of junk food and layed around and napped. I decided real life doesn't start till Monday, so there you have it. 

We administered lots of Tylenol and essential oils. Peppermint and On Guard for the feverish crew, Deep Blue for the sciatic pain crew, and lavender and melaleuca for me, the stye eye crew. Our bodies are pretty amazing in that they generally get us through what needs gotten through before they give it. We got through a wonderful trip, but not our bodies have given in to the stress. We're a pretty big mess and have a house to match. Only Addie and I made it to church today. 

Good thing tomorrow starts a fresh new day and week and we are ready for it. Plus also, I feel a blog marathon (slow and steady like) coming on. 

No comments: