Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Rock

On Friday we made our way back into San Francisco for our Alcatraz cruise. Our first stop was to see the seals at pier 39. Laney and I spy a fake lighthouse. 
I love my baby! Also, Alli chopped my hair! It was supposed to be a tad longer, and it's taking a little getting used to, but washing is a dream!
She made herself a little mat and sat on the ground before the cruise. At least she tried to be clean. (:
Cruising!
Checking out the cells. Matt, Chris, Addie and I went to Alcatraz back in 2009 and loved it! It was good this time around too. (;
How quinney travels. Strollin, shades, electronics. Awww, yeah. 
Another lighthouse. Holla!
Strolling through the gardens. They had tons of volunteers and the grounds are beautiful. 
Oh my. We even had Asian tourists taking pictures of these two enjoying a rest whilst leisurely strolling. 
Golden gate!
They had a former prisoner there signing books. Pretty amazing piece of history. One day in the not so distant future, there won't be any former guards or prisoners left. Last time we were there Chris bought a book and got it signed by a former guard. 
It was a long morning and no food is allowed on the island. That's ok for big girls like us, but when your tummy is teeny, that's tough. The girls did fabulously, but were pretty pooped by quitting time. 
It was another fun day and I have better pics on my big camera. Which, incidentally I didn't think I had brought until Alli found it for me the within the last 3 days of our trip. Somehow it had gotten moved over by her things and I thought I'd forgotten it. Ugh. 

Another fun day on Alcatraz island!

No comments: