Monday, February 10, 2014

Homey stuff

We haven't been up too much. Dreary February, what's to do? This little beluga is addicted to the iPad. Up until now I didn't really feel the need to limit, because she never really played on it that much, and even when she did, she played starfall. But now she swears she's a YouTube afficiando. She goes straight there and finds new videos to watch. Not super safe. 
Did I mention Addie's gifts? Either way, it bears repeating. Addie made each of us a turkey using her hand print, got gallon size ziplocks and wrote all of our names (including Michelle and Matt), helped herself to the candy cupboard to include a treat, and left them at everyone's door. Isn't she the cutest?!
Auntie henna's Frozen book is a huge hit with our crowd. It.is.so.long. and I don't love reading it. It's cute though, so
I guess I'll read it a few hundred more times. 
Chris enjoyed looking over papa's scrap books. Papa said not to laugh too hard, because this is his future. True dat!
I thought I'd include a grandpa Ray pic. He's doing great! He'll be heading to Seattle for a few weeks soon and then home for good this summer. That was a fast two years!
We are well into our 14 Days of Valentines. Since I was gone the first of feb, and then just getting back into the swing of things, I was late starting. So on the 6th everyone got hooked up. (:
Addie poses. 
Lady in red on National Wear Red Day. 
That day (Friday) we had Abby and Ellie over and played dress up. 
Only it was more like mama Olympics of getting dress up clothes on and off 4 girls just as fast as I got them on. 
There was a little bit of drama from each of the 4 little girls and also a certain big girl during the morning. Thankfully by the afternoon all was right in the world again and the estrogen level had evened out. 
I think Ellie had already escaped the dress up gear by the time I went to snap her... she's a slippery one. 

On Saturday morning Sarah drove the ballet bus, so I got to sit and chat with Addie for a few while we waited for them.  She's so precious and silly. 
After ballet Addie went home with Abby and stayed for an all day play date. Daddy worked, Lexi went to Ryan's and Chris to Jordan's, so it was me, Frankie, and little miss potty pot. 
(Two cowlicks?! What am I gonna do with that?)
F and d took a long bath and d decided to try some potty time several times during her bath, all to no avail. She tried though, so that's a step. One step closer to no more diapers!!!
And lastly, Sunday morning bubba phone time. 
I'm still behind, so I don't remember many details. But a lil' bit about last week:
*Missionaries for dinner on tues
*All big people (minus me) to church on weds
*preschool for froggy and tech center expo with Chris on Thursday. He is applying for the dental tech program with a secondary choice being carpentry. They are both amazing programs (they build a house!) and I will be thrilled if he gets into either one! I rushed from there to church for our Love the Missionaries ARM. Fun night. (:
* on Friday Matt and I went out to dinner with d & l to get the lowdown on l and c's 2 weeks with them. Basically, there was no lowdown. Everyone behaved and there was no drama. Yay!
*we are Olympic fools up in here all day e'rry day!


No comments: