Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy new year!

It was a quiet first morning of 2014 over here. I woke up to Matt, Addie, and Frankie bringing in donuts for breakfast. Good luck, yo!

The other day when Chris and I cleaned out his room, we got rid of some children's chapter books he doesn't want anymore. One of the books was a 3d Scary Bug Book and the girls have fallen in love with it. I read it with Frankie for a long time and when I'd read about something scary or gross, she'd gulp loudly. Thank you, scooby doo. 
It's cold outside and we were bored, so after Matt got back from home teaching (first day of the month and year, what's up?!) we laid out our plan to go to the movies. He agreed and at 4:00 we were off! Minus a certain 17 year old who'd already been out today (she went to lunch with Johnna, love her!) that said she'd rather shoot herself in the head than see Walking with Dinosaurs. Ok then. 
Love me some photo props!
See? Love 'em.
Tonight Matt and I are sitting here enjoying the sound of quiet at 9pm. School starts tomorrow, so bedtime is in full effect. Quiet is relative though. It's been quiet between delaney crying (we're in a bad bedtime place) and Frankie coming out crying because Addie hit her. Addie should have been asleep 2 hours ago. It's gonna be a fun morning. 

Some New Year's Eve fun for the boy. 
And while I'm thinking about it, I forgot to include the funniest part of our zoo lights trip. Delaney nonchalantly walked up to an older gentleman and said "hi papa!" It was precious and I love, love, love that she's remembering family members! She's found "auntie alli" in several crowds too. (:

2014 is gonna be ah-mazing!

No comments: