Friday, January 31, 2014

Surprise Seattle trip

A few days before our California trip, my dad went into the hospital. After talking to my posse (Matt, my sisters, mom, and a couples trusted friends) and my mom graciously offering to fund my trip, I decided to fly up to Seattle to spend some time with my dad. I got there Monday night and Tom picked me up. I stayed the night on their deluxe ikea pullout, which was actually quite comfy. (:

Tuesday morning Bonnie and I headed up to the VA hospital bright and early. First order of business is always pictures. They gave dad a cool heart pillow that he got his doctors and nurses to sign.
After a few hours, including a delightful hospital lunch, it was time to go home. We did a lot of cuddling, tv watching, and picture looking. I also came home with several photo albums and a set of books grandpa and grandma Seagrove bought for their kiddos many, many years ago.
That afternoon Bonnie and I got to act as pharmacists and fill up dad's pillboxes. That also included going through all his meds and discarding expired pills. We sent this to the sibs with the title:
Caption contest!
The favs were:
"2 years in Vietnam and all I got was this lousy bag of pills."
"Meds: it's what's for dinner!"
"There are only a few placebos in there."

Aren't we a fun gang?

Dad had fun with his new diet, including a delicioso Waldorf salad made with Greek yogurt instead of mayo. He's so happy! (;
I decided to leave Delaney in California with my sisters so I could really focus on my dad. And since I was there with no baby, I took the opportunity to go to the temple early Wednesday and Thursday morning. On Thursday, Cami and dan met up with me and we did a session together (chantell was sick and mike out of town). It was soooo nice. 
#favplace
Dad did amazingly well for just having had major heart surgery. We ventured out one morning for a little walk. Slow and steady wins the race. (:
Yup, traffic. Took an hour to get from kent to the temple in Bellevue each morning. It's a crowded place!
I'm so glad I got to go spend time with my daddy. It wasn't a long trip, but it was good. Lots of downtime, lots of talking, lots of love. 

I'm so thankful for Matt supporting me in supporting my family. Grateful for my good friends for helping with my kiddies back home. Grateful to mom for helping financially. Grateful for my sisters for helping with d. Thankful to tom/Bon for housing and feeding me. And very thankful my dad is doing so well. 

It's so nice to pull together as a family. I am so blessed. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lighthouse?

The Ainas said...

You dad looks great!!! Love the pillow. :)