Monday, December 5, 2011

letter's i love

one of christian's teachers had the kids write thank you notes for thanksgiving. so on thanksgiving, he gave me this.

dearest mom,

i am writing this note today to thank you and show my gratitude for you. i thank you for raising me with gentlemen-like manners and for teaching me right from wrong. i thank you for feeding me and even though not all of it was good, i still thank you. i thank you for housing my head with some type of shelter. i thank you for being a wonderful mother.

sincerely,

chris

it made me think of another sweet note from lexi-lu. amy put together an awesome scrapbook for me for my birthday. she collected memories from tons of friends and family. alexis' letter to me was especially sweet and i will always cherish it. here's what she came up with.

dear mother and friend,

well, i know this can't beat the macaroni picture frame i made you for mothers day, but hey, how many things can? hahaha!

and now here are 33 things that i love about you.

1. your witty humor.
2. how you love to "capture the moment" with a picture.
3. your fashion sense.
4. that we can watch criminal minds together for hours and hours.
5. that you can think of knowledgeable quotes like "popping her balloon doesn't make yours go higher."
6. your advice.
7. how you always make sure the house is tidy.
8. that you decorate for every holiday.
9. how you take a nap every sunday.
10. that you can see the good in everyone and everything.
11. your determination, like how you would stay up all night organizing your drawers and such.
12. your endurance. like how you got through everything you have.
13. your faith in me. how you always believe that i can accomplish anything.
14. that you're grateful. you never forget to say "thank you."
15. your hardworking qualities.
16. how i know that i can tell you anything.
17. how you support me, in things like cheer leading and tennis, etc.
18. that you are willing to give up things for yourself to do things like drive me places and pick up my friends.
19. your divine nature to care for your 4.5 children.
20. your knowledge of the world.
21. your integrity.
22. i love that you do "the 14 days of valentines day."
23. how you would write notes in our lunches.
24. that you bring us balloons and cupcakes to school for every birthday.
25. how you put lotion on after showers.
26. that you walk around rubbing the soap on your hands.
27. how you keep the church music playing even when it's not sunday.
28. that you push us to do things and try things even if we don't want to.
29. that you let us listen to our music in the car.
30. how you always try to keep everything fair.
31. your couponing.
32. our girls days. :)
33. and lastly i love that your my best friend. i love our relationship and how close we are. happy birthday mother & friend!

it's especially nice to re-read these when the kids aren't feeling so nice and sweet. :) maybe some things i say and do really are sinking in!

ahhhh, i looooooove those kids!!!

4 comments:

The Ainas said...

I'm so pathetically emotional! I totally cried reading that. You really do have some awesome kids. And you really are an awesome mom. :)

The Lawrences said...

i second that....you are amazing!

Kori Wilson said...

Seriously, the sweetest thing I've read in a long time; thanks for sharing.

Tristen Jones said...

Awesome to get these! You will treasure them forever. You are such a neat mom!