Monday, August 9, 2010

Calvert Cliffs

We've been busy and not-so busy lately.
And I enjoy both.
A nice balance I say.

Our internet was not working this weekend.
All weekend.
From Friday morning until Sunday evening.
It was awful.
And I realized how dependent I am on the internet. (again)
So now to catch up...

Here is my birthday trip down to Calvert Cliffs.
It's a 1.8 mile hike down to the beach.
1.8 miles that we grossly under-estimated!
At least it's pretty!

Frankie slept most of the way down, which was nice because she hates her stroller!

Addie went straight to the water.

She loved it!


And then she decided she wanted to get in.

Luckily we packed her a swim-suit.
Not-so-luckily we neglected to bring Matt's trunks or any towels.
It was my birthday, you can't expect me to plan everything!

Sand doesn't taste good.

On the left side of this pic you can see what looks like a big off-shore oil drill, but Matt thought it had something to do with the nuclear power plant close by.
(yikes, right?!)
Then on the right you can see a spit of land with a lighthouse on the end of it.

I think it's Point Lookout, but I don't know.
I would really love to get out my lighthouse passport book
(yes I do have one and no I don't care that it's nerdy)
and go check out all the lighthouses around here!

Sweet Frankie slept the whole time we were by the beach. Which was nice because as soon as we started our hike back, she woke up and wailed. So we got to take turns holding her and she is not a feather-weight.

Whoa!

Matt and Addie played and played.
I took picture after picture.
And Frankie slept.
It was so nice.




1 comment:

Grandpa said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day. I'll go with you and we'll get some stamps in that Lighthouse Passport....I'll take the pics and you take the stamps!! And, really, what Dad doesn't throw his son/daughter up into the air and then catch them, laughing and giggling. Great pics!!