Sunday, August 15, 2010

Our latest...

...toy, investment, adventure, family-fun maker!!!

Our 21 year-old new (to us) boat!
She's a beaut!
She's got tape on the seats and gross carpeting, but she's ours, and we love her.

We got a tube finally and headed out on the Patuxent River.
Here are the besties and Addie.
She is so lucky and loved!
And she loves the boat!


Frankie, not so much.
Good thing it puts her to sleep pretty quickly!

Me and my girlies!



Putting gas.
He's good with gas.
ha-ha!

I told Lex that I needed some pictures of me by myself.
She couldn't comprehend that at all.
Sigh, it's good to be the mom.

The babies with their other big sister.
They love her!


Land-ho!

Look at that hot boat!
And the hot driver!


Tubing fun!
There were tons of jelly-fish out so we took it pretty easy, even though they all spilled at least once (Lexi twice:)

Then they took Addie out. They laughed the whole time! It was so fun!

Yay!



This was before the spill.
I was driving (of course!) and somehow Addie lost her balance. We had told both the girls that if anything happened to Addie that they had to fall off with her.
And they did.
They did a really good job, they held onto her and kept her body floating on top so she wouldn't get stung by a jelly-fish.
We are sooo proud of them, they did an awesome job!

After that we had the three of them get right back on so Addie wouldn't be too scared. She was hugging the girls so tightly, then she covered her eyes, then she just cried.
But she didn't want to get off, so we let her keep going.

I took a turn but wanted Matt to go slow and easy on me and then I think I went too slow and kept sinking. Then I'm pretty sure I got stung by a jelly fish.
So I was done, even though it was fun.

We had soooo much fun!
We love our boat, which consequently doesn't have a name.
Any ideas???

6 comments:

Shelly said...

More proof that you love life. Maybe you could call it the "Beasty"--only because every time I read "besties" somehow it reads in my mind "beasties" Ha ha!!

The two old crows said...

That looks like so much fun!!!

Grandpa said...

I know this is a cliche but after today's adventures you could call the new boat, "The Sting(ed) Ray." Eh? How bout dat?

amy said...

old man river does love to combine names. he was the one who came up with mine and kristi's go-to team name - sealube. maybe you could call your boat that? :-)

The Ainas said...

The Sting Ray is so cute! I like that... Aina has a nice ring to it too ;) jk

Sara said...

I'm sorry, I don't recognize the 18 year old in the picture. Oh wait, you say that's Lexi? My how she has grown up!!

Love the "Sting Ray"