Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Visitors

I hate when we have visitors or we do something cool and when it's all over I realize I didn't take any pictures! That's what happened when Grandpa and Bonnie came to visit. I only got pictures on Monday when Addie and I went sightseeing with them. :(We went to Arlington National Cemetery, Lincolns Memorial, and Mount Vernon.

I can't believe I still haven't blogged about when Grandpa and Bonnie came to visit! They flew in on Halloween and were able to stay for a week. The weather was perfect and they were able to do tons of sightseeing. Addie and I were able to go out with them a few days, but we're not always the best travel companions. :)

Here we are at Arlington Cemetery waiting for the changing of the guard. I let Addie climb around the huge amphitheater and she was in heaven!

She thought she was Queen of the Castle!

As we were walking back to the car we heard a band and stopped to listen. It turned out to be a funeral procession. It was amazing, a very solemn experience.



The only picture I took of Grandpa!
And Bonnie doesn't like pictures.
Ugh!

By Mount Vernon Addie had had enough of sightseeing. I tried to go on the home tour but she was being noisy and wanting to get down so I took her out back. She loved running up and down the hill. And it's beautiful there so I didn't mind. :)

Here she's sitting on a short wall with a small drop on the other side. I was trying and trying to get a cute picture but she kept trying to get down and I didn't want her to fall. So this is what I got.

We played some fun games and had some yummy meals and a fun visit. And if Addie hadn't cried for a full hour of the hour-and-a-half ride home from Mount Vernon we would have been able to do more sight-seeing with them.

Maybe next time. :)

No comments: