Sunday, December 28, 2008

Talks and Christmas cards

Matt, Alexis and I are speaking in church tomorrow! Ugh. They asked us last Sunday, and with Christmas this week, we haven't had a lot of time to plan. For those who aren't familiar with our church, each Sunday different people are asked to speak for 10-15 minutes on different topics. I'm talking about the gifts of Jesus Christ's life and Matt is focusing on the gifts of the atonement. Lexi's talking about the Young Women program and personal progress. Wish us luck!

Also, I'm super lame and haven't gotten my Christmas cards out yet. :( They've been sitting on our coffee table, all ready to go except for the letter, which I still need to copy. I even tried to copy it on Christmas Eve, but the copy place had closed at 12:00 and I got there at 1:00. So you should be expecting those sometime within the next two weeks. I hope.

I really shouldn't be blogging right now. I should be working on my talk. Instead I am checking blogs, checking emails, facebooking, and planning New Years dinner - we're having a Black Eyed Pea concoction called Hoppin' Johns, collard greens, cornbread, and donuts - all traditional feasts for good luck for the coming year. Okay, back to the talk. Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Michelle,

My Mom would have black-eyed peas on New Years Day. Later, she would always ask your Mom and I if we had black-eyed peas on the first of the New Year.

Lotsa Love,

Dad

matt and michelle ray said...

Dad,

I remember that! That's why I started making them last year. :) But for some reason, I remember having them with saurkraut. I guess that's cabbage... isn't it? You should make some on New Years for good luck and collard greens for $$$!

Love ya!

Holly said...

Hey, I feel your pain. George and I had to speak in the Ft. Sumner branch today. They asked us last Sunday as well, so late last night I was putting the finishing touches on my talk!

~Lori said...

You guys all did awesome on your talks too!