Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Six whole months - By Addison

I'm half a year old! Didn't that go by sooo quickly?! Feels like I've been here forever! My half birthday has been a totally crazy day because I had to go to the doctor for my well baby check-up. We found out that I weigh 16.14 pounds (70th percentile) and am 27 inches long (92nd percentile). I decided I'm gonna be a famous volleyball/basketball player because I'm so tall.

At first the doctor's office was fun. My mom let me sit on the table and I got to tear off all the paper. And this is my new look. I clench my gums together. I think it makes them feel better cause I'm teething. At least I think I am.




Still having fun... and then



I got poked two times! I couldn't believe it. But, I'm six months old now, so I had to keep it together. I let out one good cry, for about 10 seconds, and then I was done.


I got some cute band-aids.


I wasn't very happy, but I was done crying.

Anyways, the rest of my month was a lot more fun than today! I've eaten lots of solids. I'm still not a big fan of eating with a spoon. I like to lay down and eat, it's better to relax!


I get kisses all the time! Everybody loves me!





I got a big girl walker this month too. It's pretty cool! My feet barely touch the floor so I haven't figured out how to move myself around the circle, but my brother and sister help me out with that. A lot. Too much.



My mom says I have cute legs, whad'ya think?


One day my mom went to go put some clothes away, and when she came back to the living room I was sitting up in my baby chair. Laying down is for wussies. If I get layed down I always try to sit up! I've got some pretty strong abs!



I got my first cold and my sister took this ridiculous picture of me! She says I look like an alien! Ugh, sisters!


Because I had a cold, my mom let me fall asleep in my swing for the very first time! Isn't that crazy! Almost six months old and my first time sleeping in my swing! I'm so spoiled!


I read some good books. Here I am enjoying a book my Grandma Seagrove gave me and my brother and sister. It has a cd that came with it so I like to look at the pictures and listen to the cd.


Then I got a little carried away. Wow!


Don't worry, I was okay. And I finished the book. :)


My dad thinks it will be fun when I learn how to crawl, so he keeps trying to help me. Silly daddy!




We were out shopping one day and I made a HUGE mess! My mom had to take off all my clothes and I got to ride home white-trash baby style!



I was pretty proud of myself!



I came up with a new motto.


My mom did yet another photo shoot with me. She just couldn't resist all the leaves!






I am rapidly outgrowing my baby bathtub. I still enjoy my baths but my mom said I'll probably enjoy them a lot more when I actually fit in the bathtub.


I like to play a game where I switch the wash cloth from my left hand to my right. Of course sucking on it the whole time.





My dad thinks it's funny to let me try new foods. Here he is giving me a Ritz cracker. I guess my mom doesn't mind too much, since she took the pictures! This isn't the worst thing he's fed me though, he's even let me try soda! He's so much fun!




I've also been discovering that I love to eat hair! Yummo!


All this blogging makes me so tired. Check my shirt out and see what I'll be blogging about next month! See ya lata'!

2 comments:

Holly said...

She is soooo dang cute! They finally gave us a new counselor. They called Megan Westwood! So excited. She is going to be great and I am very excited, but I really miss Stacey! And so do the girls. It's a bummer. I tried to catch her at church last night, but couldn't find her so I didn't get to talk to her. I wish that they didn't have to release her, but Megan is going to do a smashing job. Kaylee Gonzales was asking about you last night. She's like, is Michelle still here or did they move? I said, yep they moved back in October. Then Kaylee said Oh, It has been a while then. Ceci piped in as said, duh, maybe you should come to church more than once a month. She meant it as a funny joke and not as something hurtful. Kaylee laughed and thought it was funny. Anyway, lets catch up via a phone call or emai. Novel writing on a blog just isn't fun.

Anonymous said...

Dear Addie,

Congratulations on your Half-Year Birthday. You're getting cuter with each passing day.

Can't wait to see you again.

Love,

Grandpa