Monday, December 15, 2008

The house

Here are the long awaited pictures of our home. A lot of people have asked why I say I would never buy this house. There are a few reasons. One, the ceiling. It looks like we live in a lodge in the woods. Two, the humongous rock wall. Three, our driveway is steep and it takes you down to our house, and most of the houses on our street are like that, so we never see our neighbors. It feels kinda like we're isolated from everyone. So there are a few reasons, I have more but I'll keep them to myself. :)

It might look kinda funny cause I took some of the pictures when we had our Halloween decorations up and some with our Christmas decorations. Kinda like Nightmare Before Christmas pictures.

The living room.

The beautiful view out the living room windows. We have an awesome view of the lake, but unfortunately they drain most of the lake for the winter and they did it the week we moved in. It's still pretty though. :)


Another view of the living room.


The ceiling. This would be nice if we owned a vacation home in the Alps. I don't love it for a primary residence though.


Stairs leading to the garage.


The bidet. I would have turned on the fountain, which is the front round metal thingie, but the other day when Christian and I were cleaning it, we somehow turned it on super-full blast and the water went all the way up to the ceiling and drenched both of us. Yuck, we were both pretty much drenched with toilet water. So I didn't dare risk it with my camera in hand.


Two toilets living in harmony. :)


The ROCK wall. Yuck. That's all I have to say about it.


The kitchen.


Another view of the kitchen


There's that rock wall again. And there's us trying to cover the rock wall.


The dining room which is attached to the kitchen.


Front entry way. Carlen, do you recognize our beautiful wall hanging? (It was a gift for our wedding and we love it!)


Guest bathroom. You know you like the picture window with the hummingbirds on it!


Addison's room. It was so much cuter with pink walls and cute border.


Another one of Addie's room. Out those windows you can see the driveway. Since I'm a worrier, one of the scenarios I've concocted is that we'll lose control of our brakes driving down the driveway and crash into her room. Scary stuff!



That's all for now. The master bedroom is still in need of some work. Namely, the bed frame is broken, again! Matt had fixed it and then one night Addie and I were laying on it and it broke! No pictures of the downstairs yet. The downstairs family room has no furniture in it and the kids rooms... we'll just save those for later too.

4 comments:

Holly said...

It looks great! Very spacious and open.

Sara said...

Very cool to see your house. I think our dining tables are identical except for the finish. Weird huh?
Great minds think a like!

Dyer Family said...

Looks like a fun place to live...although I'm with you on the rock wall..blah!!

Unknown said...

It looks nice and open and roomy. I like it. Merry Christmas!