Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Spirit week continues

America day on Tuesday! Adi had ordered some tattoos so they all shared after seminary. We have a lot of 4th of July gear too, so we shared that and everyone looked so good!

I didn’t have the heart to tell her it was backwards, but she did mention it after school 🤣

It was an exciting day for this guy! Matt works from home now 90% of the time, and our tiny 13” monitor was from 2006. During Prime Day he ordered 3 monitors, 2 for the desk upstairs and 1 for seminary use downstairs. He called me over several times throughout the day to show me how cool it all was, and I will admit it is a huge difference. We also got a new laptop because our desktop is also v old. 

Big boxes are fun. Delaney hung out in them and Matt attempted to scare her, but he doesn’t have my stellar scaring skills. 

Adi and I grabbed a mini date. Because perfect is the enemy of good, I left Matt working on our yard project (we do about an hour a day on weekdays) and we got ice cream before dinner. I’ve been wanting to do dates with the girls and having a hard time finding the right time, so we went for it. It was a really nice little date and the ice cream was 10/10. 

Amy texted me Monday night and asked if she could bring dinner to lighten my burden since we have leadership training this week. 🥹 I am working on being a good ministering receiver, so I told her it wasn’t necessary but very much appreciated. She’s been a seminary teacher and relief society president and it was just so sweet of her to serve our family this way. It made me happy all day knowing we had a healthy and delicious dinner waiting for us. ❤️ And Delaney loved it so much she requested it for lunch today. 

Today was something like Pirates of the Caribbean vs. Mama Mia, or something. 

In other news, Matt’s fighting a bug. He’s not really sick, but also not 100%. I feel pretty ready for leadership training, just need to organize my thoughts a bit. Delaney’s Halloween costume is all ordered and Adi’s gonna be a witch again, but Frankie is still looking. The plumber found the leaky bathtub problem and it was a simple reattaching of something that had come loose with the faucet, or something. Sooo grateful it didn’t require cutting into any drywall and sooo hoping this fixes the problem. We’ve had a plumber come out 3 times in the past month and so we’re also hoping for a little break from them. But we’ve got a good plumber if anyone needs one! And next Friday ends the 1st quarter of school!

No comments: