Friday, May 24, 2024

Magic kingdom with Adi

Adi was the last little Ray to get a Magic Kingdom day with me before papas big move. Florida is such a fun place to visit! And papa’s fun to visit too, of course!

Adi and I decided on a Disney after Dark night in the park. They allow only 3000 people to stay in the park after closing, from 10-1. And they let you come 3 hours before closing to enjoy the park while it’s open. 

Since we couldn’t get into the park till 7, we headed to Disney Springs early for souvie shopping and Skyliner riding. We rode a shuttle to the Riveria to catch the Skyliner. It would be so fun to stay on property someday! 

Don’t mind my scary eyes, I was trying to get the Eiffel Tower in the shot and not succeeding. 

We rode all around and got a little nervous because a storm was coming and we definitely didn’t want to get stuck up there. We got off at Pop Century and not 5 minutes later they stopped the Skyliner because of lightning. We got off just in time!

It sprinkled off and on until after we’d bought our sweatshirts and then it really started coming down! We waited it out under a canopy so we wouldn’t get too wet before our fun. 

I spy a castle!

We took the boat over and got in line for our event!

They made us wait till 7:00 on the dot. At which point we hustled - Adi to Liberty Tavern for hush puppies and me to the cheeseburger spring roll wagon for deliciousness - they might be my fav snack at MK. Then we met at Pirates for our first ride!
Pirates had a 10 minute wait time, but it ended up taking 21. 🫤 

Aladdin was up next! That had a 5 minute wait that ended up being 8 minutes. 

This is one of my fav rides to take pictures on, and the sky was so pretty and the lights and the Adi. 



Swiss Family Treehouse was next, which always has a 5 minute wait and is always actually 0 minutes. 

We decided to hit the smaller rides with low waits until the park closed, so we ran over to Small world that had a 15 minute wait time and ended up taking 11. 

I told Adi we could do the park however she wanted - try to ride everything, ride only what she wanted, or any other strategy, and she choose just favorites. She wasn’t even interested in Dumbo. 

We caught the Carousel of progress with a 0 minute wait and then Autopia for fireworks. It said 10 minutes and ended up being 14. 

Scary eyes again. It’s hard driving and trying to take nice fireworks pics at the same time. 

There goes Adi!

The park was fixing to close and 2 of the snacks Adi had wanted were closed. She suggested a funnel cake, so while she walked on to the Little Mermaid, I grabbed a funnel cake and we met at Haunted Mansion for a walk on ride. 

We headed to Big thunder Mountain for another walk on, and passed a few snack carts with lines. We got free ice cream, soda, and popcorn with our after hours ticket, but inhaling a funnel cake right before the park closed left us feeling very full and we didn’t want to wait in line. 

We walked our happy booties right on for a nighttime Jungle Cruise and then headed back to Tomorrow Land.

We walked on to Space Mountain and then headed to Tron. They had a 20 minute wait listed and 31 minutes later we hopped on our motorcycles. 

I was super anxious but kept reminding myself that it’s just heights I don’t like. I love fast, especially fast and smooth like Disney does. Adi loved it and wanted to ride it again, which I agreed to, but told her I couldn’t do it back to back. It makes me a little sick, it did last time too. I encouraged her to ride again, but she decided on 7 Dwarves Mine Train. 

Our one disappointment was waiting for the mine train, being almost to the ride after 10’ish minutes, and it breaking down. It’s my fav ride at MK, and it never came back up. So sad.

Adi decided she’d love her last ride to be Space mountain, which can also make me sick, but I close my eyes during the flashy lights. There we waited 20 minutes because they’d closed down one side. After that we had 10 minutes till 1am and Adi asked if we could make it back to Big Thunder. I looked on the map and it was half a mile from Space Mountain to Big Thunder Mountain, so we booked it and walked right on to their very last run. 

We did grab 2 sodas each (we brought home 2 of them, 2 popcorns each, and 1 ice cream each. I wish we could have indulged more, but rides are more important than free snacks, so I was still pretty happy. 

We had the best time and would totally recommend the after dark experience!

This is such a cute picture, and then Adi pointed out how weird her shorts were and how she looked like a kindergartener. 😂😂😂

We had planned to take the monorail back, but only the ferry was running. One ferry, then one tram back to our Captain Hook lot and we made it home by 3am. 💤 💤💤

We love Disney and had the very best day!

1 comment:

Smilin' Jack 3 said...

What a great adventure! Love the Blog!!