Monday, May 27, 2024

Coming home and 8th grade dancing

The day after Disney my dad wasn’t feeling great so we bullied him in to going to the hospital. We’re mean that way. 

They admitted him, so we hung out that day and then stopped by before we headed to the airport the next morning.  It stinks leaving someone you love in the hospital, but Alli flew in the next day so I knew he’d be in good hands. 

Adi and I got our own row both ways, so that was pretty sweet. We parked at the Huntington Metro Station and rocked taking the metro until we got to the garage where we thought we’d parked and our car wasn’t there. Then we realized the pic I took didn’t match the garage I was in, and I remembered Matt saying there were 2 lots, so then we wandered a little looking for a way to get to the other lot. I don’t feel bad about this because a) there were several other people doing the same thing and b) I have a pretty terrible sense of direction and I’m fine with it. People were very friendly and helpful and a nice older woman offered us a ride to the other lot. She seemed pretty trustworthy and I was pretty sure adi and I could take her if she tried to kidnap us, so we loaded our suitcases into her trunk and hopped in. She was very sweet and knew right where to go because she said she’d done the same thing. 

We made it home easily and happily slept in our own beds. The next day I was cleaning up, because when mom’s away, she still gets to clean up everyone’s mess when she gets back. Anyhow, I saw this long fella and knew D would want to see it. 

Thursday was a busy day with appointments, track carpool, ballet, and 8th grade dress shopping. We were on the fence about letting Frankie go, but finally decided it would be ok. We looked all around Ross and she settled on a cute little black dress. 

The girls kind of wanted to eat beforehand but it gets so busy and the dance was early, so I offered for everyone to come over for appetizers and pizza. It was cute and I think j the girls liked it and the moms chatted in the family room. 

After the girls ate we headed to the gazebo and park for some pictures. 

Everyone and their brother went to the wharf, so we decided to stay in the Grant. 

They stood for some pics and then we were like keep posing and they were like what do you want us to do?

I love the heads close together (thank you Jodie!) and after that I looked up ideas on my phone. 

I’d find a pose, show them, and then they’d sort of reenact the pose. 



Not ever awkward. 

Channeling TSwift. 

This one’s actually my fav. 

I always like a spaced out shot too. The two bookend girls here are twins, but run in different friend groups. So she joined in some of the pics, but was not allowed in all. 😂 She’d already had a wharf photo shoot with her crew. 



Such a good dad, climbing up there for the shot!

The shot:







Madison’s mom drove them to the dance on her way home and Jaidyn’s mom picked them up and got them blizzards after. 

Frankie had fun but also admitted it wasn’t as fun as she’d hoped and she likes church dances better. ❤️

No comments: