Sunday, July 9, 2023

Temples and braces

The temple visitor center has been inviting stake youth groups to spend a day there and doing baptisms. Our stakes day was July 5 from 9-4, which isn’t ideal after fireworks, but we serve happily. 

I got to drive this crew. We left at 7:00am and arrived home at 7:30pm. It was a long day but good day!

Delaney was able to sleep in and then Alecia picked her up around 11:30. She was all ready to go and waiting on the porch, so grown up! They had a blast doing MakerSpace at the library. 

I wore a dress and had planned, but not prepared, to serve at the temple all day while I waited. Then when I got there I looked online and - whomp, whomp - the temple doesn’t open till 7:00 on Wednesdays. So then I was there in my dress and not the most comfortable shoes and it was a million degrees. I thought about buying a new outfit and shoes, and even went to the mall, but the shoes were expensive and I really don’t need any. So I sat there for awhile and whittled things off my to-do list. Then I found a movie time that would work and went to see Indiana Jones. I ate a whole bucket of popcorn (literally, the whole thing) and enjoyed the ac and the movie was fine. 

We got gas and dinner at Sam’s and ate in the truck. Traffic was the worst, but everyone was pretty happy. 

For primary they had a pajama movie party and decorated cupcakes. 

D made herself a ring. 😍
Thursday was a catch up day. I got lots of things done and the frankie and Delaney made small improvements in their rooms. Frankie had last braces tightening ever!

Just a few more weeks till we’re done with this place!

I had a zoom presidency meeting that night and that’s another few summer days. And for good measure. 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️



No comments: