Friday, September 10, 2021

Where I’m from - by Adi

Where I'm from


I might be from the land of enchantment

And a small plateau town

Then to the forgotten land of Maryland

Whose crabs are its crown


I am also from peaches,

And fresh white-cut bread

And playing games with family

On our once-owned homestead


I am from the open books,

And handmade duct tape flowers

Our little valley between the houses

Where the sunlight shades and cowers


I am from long road trips,

And the thrown up funnel cake

These memories are simply unique,

But they are very easy to make 


I am from the new kayak rack,

Which we pretend is our home

And the awful Newtowne Neck

Where the kayaks are well-known


I am from hating things deeply

But I like some things too

For others, it may depend

But my course of action is true


I am from the things I like,

And the places I've been

I am from my family

And from the whats and the when


I ask a lot of questions,

That some people don't know

But it's where I'm from,

And I use the answers to grow


That's where I'm from.









1 comment:

Debby said...

Wow! That is amazing.