Thursday, September 30, 2021

Today

Delaney and I have a walk to school agreement. Since she’s never been at Duke without sisters, she’s never been able to walk alone. At the beginning of the year she let me know she wanted to walk alone sometimes. We agreed we’d split it 50/50, because I do love walking her. I think it’s shaking out that I walk her to school and she walks home alone. 

This morning she asked to leave a little early and she was so stoked to be the first one in line that she ran across the wet field to beat the kids putting their bikes away. She was so proud of herself!

Today was my big day. My biopsy was at 10:15. We got there and the nurse came to do a covid test. I let her know we’d had covid in august, offered to show her my positive test from the health department, and told her the health department told us not to test again for 90 days because we could very likely test positive again. She asked her supervisor and said we had to do it. I was a little nervous it would be positive and I wouldn’t be able to get the procedure and I really just want to get it over with, but thankfully I tested negative. 

I got another ultrasound and then the Dr. came in. He got me all set up for the procedure and then the pathologists came in. They started on the left side, gave me a numbing shot and while ultrasound’ing, took 3 samples. The pathologists checked immediately and said they had enough specimen, and then we repeated it on the right side. It wasn’t the most fun thing ever, but it wasn’t terrible and it’s done. 💪🏻 I should have results in 5 days. Matt took me and it was nice to have a big hug when I was done. 

Adi’s costume finally arrived. She decided she wanted to be a muse, so this is the best we could find. I ordered her a nude leotard and we’ll get some pantyhose to keep her warm. 



No comments: