Wednesday, August 4, 2021

This and that

On Sunday we went to the Yorktown Heights ward. There was an opera singer behind us, so that was awesome. Also, in a few weeks they’re going to have their old stake president and wife who are just back from their mission to England speak, and when they announced his name I recognized him from a book I read about a man from Connecticut and I thought how cool to be in that same stake. 

After church we went to a park and talked about all the big important things on the girls minds. These girls are insightful and good and want to be better each day. They fast willingly and were excited to go to church. I really love spending time with them. I had a 2:00 meeting with President Boyd, so we came home with a few minutes to spare. 

The girls moved into my room so now we’re 3 to my queen size bed and one on cushions on the floor. Surprisingly the bed situation hasn’t bothered me. I am changing as I get older, that’s for sure. 

Sandy whittles her fancy pencil for me to keep score for Skull King. She’s hilarious. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‚

Sunday night it rained hard and we found a few ceiling leaks. Buying a new house can be so stressful.

Monday brought lots of calls and waiting for workers. The kids and I did some trail maintenance and then Kristi and I stayed with the kids while Amy and sandy went shopping. Sandy loves driving the jolly green giant which is so funny because she’s so old. She said she loves being up so high. 

Today I tutored and then took the kids to their new little library. They each picked a pile of books and then we checked out their new school. 

After lunch we went to a Pirate Escape Room that was my least fav one I’ve done and that we just barely failed. Then she couldn’t even tell us what we missed and what we would have found. Lamest. We got Chinese for dinner and we’re all ready to hit the city tomorrow!

No comments: