Wednesday, August 4, 2021

43

Friday was a quiet day. We slept well and did laundry and put things away and showered. Amy hung lights, Sandy bought a fire pit, and Adi put it together so we had a lovely evening outside complete with the s’mores we didn’t have while camping.
We played games till just before midnight and I caught exactly midnight on my 43rd birthday. 
AMC sent me a free popcorn and movie for my birthday, so we went ahead and took advantage of it. Amy and i saw Old from M. Night Shyamalan and in spite of the dumb dialogue and some unnecessary gore (the spider scene 🙄), it was super thought provoking and has lead to many discussions. We had seen a preview when we saw Black Widow, so the girls were interested to hear about the movie. 

We went to the movies in Port Chester, so we checked out their little water front and did some shopping there. Sandy made chicken cutlets for dinner and I got sweet cards from all the kids. It was a good quiet birthday because really the trip to Maine was my gift. 

Meanwhile Matt, my dad, and the elders got together for hot dogs and car washing. The elders had come over a few times before we left and now have come over a few times since we’ve been gone. We so missed hosting them during Covid!

Speaking of Covid. All the sad faces. The Delta variant is bad and Covid numbers are way up again. We’ve been masking indoors for awhile, and more places are requiring masks again. I’m so bummed to be back in this spot and praying things don’t get worse. 



No comments: