Monday, August 2, 2021

Bar Harbor

I didn’t feel like we could go to Maine without going to Bar Harbor, so on Wednesday we got up and drove an hour and a half up there.

Our 8 person tent was chock full of our 7 people. 

On the way up to Acadia I managed to snag the last parking spot for Cadillac Mountain.

I have wanted to go to Acadia National Park forever, but thanks to Jen Hatmaker for the Cadillac mountain rec. it did not disappoint. 



It was windy and just a smidge chilly on the mountain. 

But so beautiful and we all loved climbing all over the pink granite rocks. 

Silly shot. 

That’s Bar Harbor behind us, the 5 little islands down there. 

This is another one I want to come back to to see the first sunrise in the US. That’s only from October to March though, so we didn’t worry about arriving that early. 









These 2 had to do some sun bathing in their hoodies. 

I was not on my timer pictures A game. 

See?

Our Rockette performance needs some work too. 

Adi’s panorama. 

We drove to another spot and got some silly pictures while Amy and Quinn ran back to the car. 

Laney requested this silly one. 

I love these girls. Being house guests isn’t always easy and we’ve had loads of long talks. These girls are trying hard to be the best people they can be. 

Nerd lineup. 

After that we drove down into Bar Harbor in search of lunch. We drove around for a long time looking for parking. We checked several different lots and finally found street parking. We were close to giving up on our pursuit because it was so crazy busy. 

We settled on lunch at this Route 66 Diner and had to send some pics to papa. 



Monkey see, monkey do. 

And we were off to explore!

Delaney picked a Maine lobster for her souvie and I just couldn’t say no. 

Cute little Christmas shop. 

Sadly we didn’t see any moose in Maine. 

After everyone got their souvenirs and sweatshirt and hats and magnets, we headed down to the water. We got distracted by Maine’s Oldest Bookstore where we had to buy a Maine picture book. 

My favorite part of Bar Harbor was the waterfront. 

The shopping wasn’t actually as cute as I wanted it to be and there were lots of people, but this view made up for it. 

A photog of the photog. And also we all need our hair trimmed. 

D was fascinated by then lowering the sails. 

I texted my childhood bestie happy birthday and sent her a picture of Amy and I. A little bonus gift for her. 😂

We drove back home and stopped in Camden to check out their cute downtown. 

Mini doors, amiright?

I wanted to get the cute downtown but we have so many big heads that we took up most of the picture. 

It was a full day of beautiful Maine sights. I am smitten. 










No comments: