Tuesday, May 18, 2021

New new new

Lexi and boys are not feeling well. I FaceTimed her yesterday and she felt so sick and was so overwhelmed she started to cry. That’s when it’s the hardest to be so far away. Thankfully (and adorably) Emmi stops crying when we FaceTime, so that was nice. Cade has had to work, so she took the crew to the doctor today. Poor Em’s throat looked worse than Lu’s. Thankfully they’re getting medicine and hopefully will be on the up and up soon. 

Amy sent us some clothes Quinn had either outgrown or decided she didn’t like. That means usually Frankie can find some clothes that fit her too. We didn’t buy any new clothes last year, like, none, so she was pretty stoked. She wore these pjs every chance she could for 3 days. 

And both Delaney and Frankie were sporting new Quinn clothes on Saturday when we went to a park concert with papa. 

We kept the Aina girls one day for dinner and drove them home to let the girls meet Ezra. 

He’s pretty cuddly and sweet and super popular. 

Matt built a shelf for our kayaks and our free space in the shed has doubled. I want to put his shelf on bricks to make it higher and let the girls park their bikes underneath to free up some space in our garage. 

After years of hemming and hawing, we finally ordered a Sleep Number bed. The girls love trying all the settings. 

The jury is still out on the bed. One time i asked for mattress recommendations someone commented that SN’s feel like overpriced air mattresses, and I can’t get that out of my head. I don’t hate it, but I’m not sure if I love it either. It hasn’t even been a week, so we’ll see how it goes. 

One thing I know I love is Mediterranean food. I went to Mezah once and have been dreaming of it ever since. So I decided to try to recreate it. I made pickled carrots and onions, roasted chickpeas, corn salsa, Israeli couscous, chickpea salad, Lebanese cabbage salad, tzatziki, 
and a couple dressings. I happily ate a big salad  every day, and I think i ate so much lemon and vinegar that I gave myself an upset stomach. Planning to do this again for sure. 

We’re so close to being done with school, and though I don’t feel this way this year, I am ready to be done. 



No comments: