Friday, May 7, 2021

A good day and he’s arrived

Jeanne texted me yesterday to let me know Christian has arrived for basic training. Yay for progression! We are praying hard for our boy to find his way and achieve success in the military. He’s awesome and we are praying that his leaders will see his worth. 

Last week I found out i was invited to attend an in person Area Council training at the Stake Center by the temple. I have asked Pres. Boyd to meet with the Stake RSP’s in our Area, so I was super excited. Since I would be driving up anyway, I reached out to our stake yw and primary presidents to see if they’d want to meet in person for lunch and by some miracle, everyone was available. We met at a tiny local place called Dream Weaver and had the best lunch and conversation. We each have 5 kids, 4 girls and 1 boy, we’ve each felt some opposition in our callings, and we are each on the same page in wanting to serve together in unity. 

Grace brought her mom with her. Her mom suffers from Alzheimer’s but is the sweetest little lady. She started off asking who I was and letting me know she’d pray for me and then asked if I knew who her daddy was. It turns out her daddy was no other than Ezra Taft Benson. Which makes our stake primary Pres his granddaughter. Bananas, right? Sister Parker told us the same few stories over and over, but mostly she was just sweet and smiley. And she winked a lot. I’ve always planned to be a winking old lady. I wonder what age I can start to pull that off. I’m all over it. 

After our long lunch and then lingering chat in the parking lot I headed to ikea. And then on to the chapel. We have 5 stakes in our coordinating council and we met in the high council room with Elder Calderwood's secretary brother Wheatley. Most of them already knew each other, but we all made introductions and shared ideas. The hour and a half flew by. After that we were invited into the RS room with our stake presidents, mission Pres and wife, temple Pres, and Elder Calderwood, our area 70. We had a zoom call with YSA leaders and then watched a training video with them, and then did the same for adults. We got done at 10, but it was such a wonderful day that it didn’t feel long at all. I listened to BYU Women’s conference and the drive home was smooth and easy. 

While I was away Matt washed the JGG and the space car. Alli was off, so she made pizza and everyone watched a movie. 

adi's cute hand is almost 100% back to normal. she was able to play piano and write today, thank goodness. 

I’ve been documenting every day to share with the allergist. 

Johnna came over to do piano with her and then i walked tenkor. As May goes, we are all pretty schooled out. And it was chilly today so we wrapped up. 

Matt got home early and he worked with Frankie while I worked with Adi. Math had us all like 😩. 

Adi sat with me for a Zoom youth conference meeting. Elizabeth invited me so I could get to know some of the youth better to better counsel our relief society leaders in ways to include them in missionary and temple and family history councils. It was very well done and Adi is always good company. 

We decided to work on President Nelson’s talk about faith, so we had a family council about that tonight too. And we got some happy mail. I got a framed picture of these sweet brothers for Mother’s Day. Love, love, love. 



No comments: