Monday, May 17, 2021

Change

Things in our covid world are changing fast and furious. The CDC announced people that are vaccinated don’t need to wear masks indoors or out and many states, ours included,
have lifted their mask mandates.


There are plenty of vaccines so anyone that is willing can get one. Our sweet little Adi (her preferred new spelling - which I remember to use about half the time) is one of the newest vaccinated 12 year olds. It was a difficult decision to make, but one we feel mostly good about, and we want to do our part to end this awful pandemic. 

It was cool because one of our neighbors was the shot giver, so Adi got some special treatment. It’s always nice to know and trust your poker. 

And then a family from church pulled up right next to us to get their daughters vaccinated too, so we also got to park and wait next to them. After our waiting period we got ice cream for dinner at Bruesters. She said it hurt worse than she thought it would and she went to bed with a bit of a headache. Prayers for an easy night. 

We’ve also had a gas shortage problem on the east coast. I’m actually not totally sure what happened, I’m behind on my news podcasts, but a pipeline was hacked into and shut down and everyone lost their darn marbles. 

Most of our gas stations were empty because everyone got scared and filled up. After the year we’ve had, I don’t blame people too much, but I wish we could all just be cool. 

😂 - and also space car drivers. 

At least we live in Southern Maryland, so we’re set. 

We’re fine, not worried, just being cautious and not doing any extra driving. 

Delaney woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat, and when it persisted along with a headache, I took her to the dr. Strep test was negative, so we’re gonna have her do an at home covid test tomorrow. Tonight she was sick too. We’ve had a good long healthy run, and now that’s done. 
I gave blood today. As I finished I started to feel hot and lightheaded. I sat and drank some juice and ate a donut and really didn’t feel well, so they had me lay down and gave me a cold towel and water bottle. I felt a little ridiculous, but I really didn’t feel well. All good now though. 

We got to talk to Christian yesterday. He was able to go to church and took a friend along. He said there were only about 8 guys there, so now he’s giving a talk next week. Heavenly Father has a plan for our boy, and I’m praying he’s on that path. His voice was hoarse from yelling, but he sounded good and it was so nice to talk to him. I miss that boy and have been so worried for him. We check his troop fb page and try to find him, but unfortunately they all look alike in their head to toe camo, including masks. 

In sad news, Carolee is in the hospital. I get to be her ministering sister, so I go see her weekly, and she’s been looking so good. But cancer is a roller coaster, and she was nauseous and dizzy all weekend, so she was admitted. Last time I was there I got Mike’s number, so I’ve been checking in with him too. 

In other sad news, we found out one of our favorite missionaries passed away last week. Elder Cox was such a good missionary. He wanted to serve and he connected with so many people here. Sadly he struggled with mental illness and took his life. I’m grateful to know this life is not the end, and our Savior knows our hearts. He is our advocate and our brother, and I just know Levi knows how very loved he was and is. 


Adi played a beautiful solo at church yesterday. She played Reverence is Love which is one of my favorites. Then Bishop Darrow gave a lovely talk. He talked about the rabbit effect from Elder Stevenson’s GC talk. I stayed for the LP Sacrament Meeting to see their RSP give a beautiful talk. The speaker before her talked about Elder Stevenson’s talk and the rabbit effect. And a few weeks ago I visited the RSP in the DC Branch, and I was able to give a talk in their sacrament meeting. One of the things I talked about was the rabbit effect from Elder Stevenson’s talk. A forever theme in my life - we need each other. We have a lot of loved ones and friends that are struggling right now, and they need us. And in the immortal words of Bill Withers, it won’t be long till I’m gonna need somebody to lean on. Love God, love people. If we’re doing that, we’re doing okay.  












No comments: