Thursday, August 3, 2017

Birthday celebrating

Laura and I get two pedicures together each year, once for her birthday in May and once for mine in July. It is such a fun tradition and nice treat. If I was rich, pedicures and massages would be my regulars, fyi. Friday was our pedi/lunch date. 

Yay for pretty toes!

After our awesome pedi's we did some couponing at target (prounounced Targeé) and then met Sarah for lunch at Oga's. I even got 2 (or was it 3?) plates, even though no one else did, because you know, birthday weekend. We did a bad job of pictures there, but we had a wonderful lunch and visit. 

When we got home we found Matt's way of cleaning out the garage (pronounced gárage).

We've had this box of geodes in our garage (remember the pronunciation) since our Ray reunion trip to nauvoo, about 5 years ago. 

So he rented a tile cutter to cut those bad boys. Laura was fascinated and stayed out with him as he cut every single one. 

I stayed out there most of the time, but had some things to do, so I'd come in and out. 

We only had one true geode, one that was hollow with crystals inside. The rest were still pretty though. He cut a few squares, a few just clean in half, and a few slivers

That night was the third part of the birthday festivities. 8 couples met up for dinner at Tearrific. I didn't realized it was Asian food. If I had, I might have chosen something different for lunch. 

Chelsea had texted me a few weeks ago. Her hubby steve and I are birthday twins and she asked if I'd like to have a birthday twin date night. Holla!

We had a delicious dinner and then went over to the Darrow's to play games and eat cake and ice cream that alecia made. 

I swear, I make the dumbest faces sometimes. I'm way overly expressive. I had just accidentally blown out both mine and steves candles (hard to blow out just one!) and this ensued: 🙄

Birthday twin! I like even numbers, but I've always liked that nice 31 for my special day. It's a good birthday. (:

We played games and the girls were killed by the boys. We lost 3 games and only won one. It did not feel good and I would have happily kept playing to redeem ourselves. But it got to be after 1 and time to go. It was such a fun night and I'm so grateful for such wonderful friends to celebrate my birthday with!

No comments: