Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Summmmmer!

Second day of Summer and we are loving it! That said, I know that September will bring with it the ready excitement of back to school. But for now, we're Summer'ing!

And the Finlayson's are in town! So many visitors! Since I haven't blogged in almost a month, Bubba came to town 2 weeks ago for Brenna's graduation.  we've had all our big kids come to visit and we've loved it!

Today we watched sweet Kora. We all took turns loving on her. We'll definitely be ready for some grandbabies in about 5 years. 
Since we had baby girl for the afternoon, we spent a cool few hours watching the end of Moana (c&a had never seen it!) and Diary of a Wimpy Kid from the library. It was 90 today and humid, so being indoors was pretty sweet.  
 
I had a funny and horrifying thing happen this morning. I stumbled during my run. This isn't the first time that's happened, but it is the first time I've actually fallen. Flat on my face.  I did manage to stop myself with my hands and knee, but then hit my side and ended flat on my stomach. I laid there for a minute like... did that really just happen?!? Then I rolled over, sat up, and had a good laugh. Of course that was after I quickly looked around to make sure no one had seen me. I felt that hot wash of shame and embarrassment, as soon as I hit the ground. Thankfully my pants weren't torn and despite some small scratches and a bruised knee, I'm all good. I even finished my run. As soon as I stood up I saw that I did have a little observer. A little girl across the street was staring at me. I tried to be cool and said "that was a good one, right?!" But she didn't say anything. Then Lauren walked up. I don't know if it was better or worse that I know her. Oh well! Frankie wanted me to show off my war wounds. 
 
We love babies!
Every single one of us!  
We also cleaned, listened to Harry Potter and went to the library this morning. 
 
And last night this happened!
 
I've been wanting to trim her hair forever and finally last night I said fuggedaboutit and got out the shears. After about 2 snips and examining her hair only to discover her hair was quite a bit shorter up front, she said I could do a bob. Hooray, my fav! It's longer on one side so it still needs to be fixed, but we think our 4th grader is pretty adorbs. 

No comments: