Sunday, October 2, 2016

monsters!

Friday night was our big cookies and canvas event. I was sooooo dreading it. I was nervous and anxious and not excited at all. but everything really went so well!
all the paintings turned out so cutely!
Elizabeth and I met up at 12:30 and started getting ready. we both were so anxious, we just wanted to be done!
I had handpicked our committee. I asked several of my friends to help, and we seriously had the dream team. darlaina was in charge of flyers and publicity, and everything was really cute. kim got all the cookies and waters and helped with everything at the event. laurel did the event map and was the volunteer coordinator, and handled it all like a boss. and michelle brought the music and helped with everything.
we also had high school and middle school helpers, the whole board, mrs. ramsey, and several teachers. we had a good amount of volunteers and everything ran like clockwork.
mrs. ramsey bought pizza for the volunteers and matt brought the girls early to eat. they loved it. and then they were ready to paint!
have I mentioned how blessed I am to have such an active hubby? He not only took our girls and kept them and helped them paint, but he also took ashby home after school, and then during painting he also helped the art teachers daughter. he regularly attracts extra kids, and he's always willing to help them too. love him.
our goal was to have 180 students - 90 at 4:30 and 90 at 6:30, and i'd say we had about 170. pretty good for our first event! and almost everyone was happy. we had one angry dad that really wanted us to teach about mythical monsters and let the kids add scars and entrails. maybe next year...
Delaney surprised me with how well she did! she drew an adorable monster and painted it like a champ.
franks had a cute unicorn monster.
and addie was totes in her element. it was busy and my dogs were barking, but it was such a success and I am so glad we did it. and I am also so glad it's over. :)
after that we brought the kids home and put them to bed. when chris got home we headed over to alecia's for a couples game night. the moran's are moving to England (jelly!) and we had a little going away party for them. we played some fun games and then matt, who hadn't felt well and didn't want to go in the first place, and david, who was still jet-lagged from a japan trip, headed home. laura and I stayed till midnight'ish (I think?).
 
Saturday was conference day! we all love conference weekend. the girls stayed in pajamas, or just underwear as the case may be, and played and built forts.
it was a great start to the weekend.

1 comment:

Kori Wilson said...

Love, love, love those monster paintings! (I don't love your busy, busy schedule, thought :)